Level Cap mod that works above 50?

TexPaintower

Sorry if there is already a thread about this but I've searched and gone through dozens of pages and haven't come up with anything.

No matter what mod I try I can't go past level 50. Typing 'setgs iMaxCharacterLevel 100' into the console allows me keep gaining XP and keep leveling, but only for that session. I cannot figure out how to do this in the GECK.

The game will keep track of all XP gained above lvl 50, even though the pipboy says MAX. Setting iMaxCharacterLevel via the console overwrites that.

Would it be possible to create a script that runs when the game starts, executing that console command, something similar to this:

scn LevelCapScript

begin GameMode

SetGS iMaxCharacterLevel 100

end

I've been screwing around in the GECK at it seems like its fairly difficult to create scripts in. And the documentation for it is even worse.

Anyone have any ideas on this?

• 3 weeks later...

To have a script make a gamesetting, you will need NVSE. So you get that installed then you make a Quest, with the 'start game enabled' checked. Then you make a script for the quest like this to make the setting everytime you startup the game:

scn SetMyLevelCapQuestScript

BEGIN GameMode

if (GetGameLoaded)  ;Runs on every game launch
 Con_SetGameSetting iMaxCharacterLevel 100
endif

END