[Request] Skyrim Cuirass

Deano1981

Hello all!

I'm a big fan of the Ashara Princes of the Woods mod, which gave me this idea.

Plate/Scale armor cuirass that only protects the chest/back area leaving the legs free to use pants from the Ashara mod. Perhaps even use the base pants mesh shown and add a few armor plates onto it for leg protection.

(What can I say? I like my characters butt, who doesn't)

Hoping someone could construct such a mod, I will likely create something similar myself later, I'm just taxed for time right now with work and study.

Hmm...I'm new to modding, but I am lead to believe that this would be a really big undertaking, since Skyrim doesn't have separate slots for pants and breastplates.

It would be more feasible, perhaps, to mash-up vanilla plate/scale armors with APOTW pants, with the permission of the mod's author, of course.

Edited by Vulpes95

It's already been done (to an extent) with the above mod. Making a chest piece with a leg slot for appearances (plus a full body version for those who want the shirtless look)

It just isn't in a plate variety (yet)

The Combination Vanilla Outfit mod does something very much like this, actually - it splits a bunch of vanilla armors into different components so you can wear them separately, including wearing just the plate cuirass, etc. I always thought it was a cool concept. I think it only works on female characters with the UNP body at weight 0, though.

Still, the theory is sound.