All Newbies Read This Before Posting

Switch

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lately this day some member on new vegas nexus have been banned because of their bad comment and/or trolling/spamming/flaming and seems most of them are newbies. did new vegas nexus is the most place people get banned? i don't know here in the nexus forum though.

Nah, Skyrim and the Steam Workshop brought in a whole new bunch of people who had never been on a modding site before and seem to think we use the same rules as 4chan. Based on the quality, logic, spelling and grammar of their posts the average age is around 10 to 13 years old. They usually don't last long. :whistling:

so they basically don't know ethics about the internet. and for the moderators... maybe you can send new user a message about the rules so they won't trolling/spamming/insulting someone everyday. i don't know if that help though or you all have tried that before.

On the Chat, every time you enter, you MUST agree to a short list of rules that you must scroll down to find the 'I Agree' to click and continue. Obviously many new members just don't bother to read (or choose to ignore) this simple 8 item list. #2 on the list "No talk of Piracy" we ban someone nearly every day for this. The last item is bright red and is violated nearly constantly. ( demanding help with troubleshooting on chat ) 3 of the 8 are warnings that imply a moderator may read your posts. :whistling: It takes less than 15 seconds for a slow reader to read the entire list. :rolleyes:

Then we get ban appeals saying 'I didn't know' from people banned from chat. :wallbash:

Do you think a similar page with around 10 or less basic rules - with a link to the complete rules - to get into the forums would have a better effect? Or maybe we could find a way to slap them upside the head with a dead mackerel to get their attention? :tongue:

So...I'm clearly not a n00b. >.> I have a request, though:

Could the staff leave the flaming/trolling posts there for people to read, rather than spiriting them over to a Staff Only board?

Sometimes I like a good laugh at how there are still children out there masquerading as adults... :thumbsup:

Leaving them visible just encourages and enables the trolls. They post their trash to get attention. leaving them visible would feed their puffed up egos and encourage them. By hiding the posts, we deflate them and take away that bit of pleasure of seeing their stuff and the reaction it gets from others. Some are just beyond NSFW and into raw profanity and flaming some of these are not suitable for most adults, let alone the underage kids who read these forums. :facepalm:

Some of them do get edited by the staff and left as bad examples and others get posted on the ban forum. :blush:

@Thandal

wow, that is waaaayyy to many. i estimate: there's 15 ban report on each page and there's 700+ page so 15X700=....10500 or more user get banned.

The vast majority are pirates or accounts being disabled at the members request.