All Newbies Read This Before Posting

Switch

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if this is the best place to ask this, the "Contact Us" seemed mostly to me regarding services provided by The Nexus.

So, I was thinking of uploading a mod here at the Nexus, with Adult content. Although I think it's safe as long as you tag it as Adult and it doesnt have any unlawful Adult content (which it doesnt), I'm concerned however about breaking any rules, specially regarding the Mod's name. I dont really consider it offensive, but I know for example, if I used such a user name I'd probably get banned (and thats one of the reasons why I don't want to mention the Mod's Name here at the forums).

So can I contact some Moderator or someone, to better expose the situation? Last thing I want is to break any rules, and I actually understand and am all in favour for rules.

Thanks in advance.

Any mod who's TITLE would be considered NSFW and would get your account banned if selected as a user name should probably receive a new one. No need to insult/offend people just by reading about your mod. Even people who check the "Show Adult Content" box should be shown the courtesy of not having obscenities thrown in their faces.

I don't consider slang to be obscene though, I'm pretty sure most ppl through their life time have used more then once slang terms, so will that make that person obscene? I really dont think so... Anyway, no, I'm not gonna change the mod's name.

Artists and authors, should never be questioned about their work and creativity, else we wouldnt have art at all. Take the examples of Keith Haring, Jeff Koons, even Renassaince artists or classical roman or greek art! What about pre-historic forms of expression that portraited exagerated Venus or Phallus? What about writers like Henry Miller or Anais Nin?

Anyway, like I said I understand that rules are to be abide to.

Thanks so much for your time.

I'm sorry to bother you again but I still have some doubts regarding the last issue... And I'm mainly insisting on this matter, because I have quite some people that know about the mod, that have seen screenshots and a video showing some animation or simply are beta testers, still insist that I should publish this over here...

- So... the term I'm using its derived from Yiddish, and it means snake, so I see no harm in using a term that means something pretty innocent right? or can't I use english words that were inherited by Hebrew/Judaic culture and etymology? I mean this, because its quite unlogical if someday, someone decides to start using the word chair as a slang word, and we start considering chair as an obscene word.

- Also, there is another issue... You see my mod offers something very unique, that never existed in Oblivion and its the first of his kind in Skyrim. So, even though I havent published it, some of my beta testers are other modders that also have their work published over here. Some of them already told me that my mod was the only reason they're getting back to Skyrim. And they are/will be doing mods specifically for my mod (which consists in a new body type + customization and animation framework). So my question is... Can they host mods here for this new body/framework, or will they be forced to host their work somewhere else?

For example... Lets say my mod is called... SOS - Sausages of Skyrim (sausages is not obscene right? Am I allowed to say Sausage? or Snake? or the Yiddish word for snake which is Shlang?). If they upload their mod here by having in its name something like: Dawnguard Armor for SOS... or New Sausage Shape for SOS... Will they suffer some kind of retaliation? will they need to pull their mods down? will they be forced to host it somewhere else?

I am however willing to take some concession on my end and rename the mod either to Sausages of Skyrim or Shlangs of Skyrim if you feel that the Shlang variation I want to use is just too obscene. (I'm hoping by now that you have figured out what is the specific term I want to use is, btw...). Quite frankly the reason I want to keep the name is just because its a pun, and its catchy (SOS thingy). But I'll be happy enough with sausage, snake or shlang.

Also I'd like to point out that on

Help Topic: Contacting the moderating team & reporting posts

Its instructed to click on The Moderating Team

Well, I clicked on The Moderating Team and all I get is nothing. So maybe The Moderating Team (I mean the link ofc) should be checked and revised, or maybe the Help topic about contacting Mods/Admins.

Once again, thanks for your time and patience on helping me.

Cheers!

Well, ofc thats what I said, I dont see a problem with that, but I want to make sure I dont break any rules.

I understand the need for those. I occasionally work as a Photography Editor for a Press Room, and I need to remove certain images that cannot be seen by the public. So believe me when I say I do understand the need for having rules. And I know that first and foremost, The Nexus is just a business like any other.

But now I have 2 moderators giving me different advices... More and more I'm getting lost if I should/can or not host my mod here... But anyway thanks for your replies, I just wished it was something more specific and concrete, and pointing towards the same direction and opinions =/