3rd Era Weapon Replacers

CommieJazzist

I am interested in a mod that takes the "Weapons of the 3rd Era" weapons and replaces the vanilla weapon equivalents with them. Strictly a cosmetic change, all stats and things of that nature would remain unchanged.

I strongly dislike most of the vanilla weapons and I feel like this would be a good, lore-friendly way to remedy that problem.

If there is already a mod that does this I would be happy to see it!

Replies of any kind are greatly appreciated. I've searched for something like this for awhile now and cannot find anything.

Thanks, a thousand times, thanks.

This shouldn't be especially hard, actually, since replacers are pretty simple mods. At one point I successfully replaced the daedric sword with a completely different model and I sorta suck at modding. Mostly, it might be a bit time consuming to replace every single vanilla weapon, but it's doable. Frankly, I'd expect someone has already done this.

Basically, it's just a matter of taking the mod weapons you want to use (in this case the Third Era weapons), then renaming all the meshes and textures to correspond to the weapons you want to replace, then placing them all in the right folders. The game will then prioritize your replacers over the originals on its own. The trick is figuring out what the files are called and where they go - I used a BSA unpacker to access the game files and look up the data for the daedric sword.

If nobody takes you up on this, you can probably do it on your own. You shouldn't even need the Creation Kit for this.

Edited by Relativelybest