Ghostveil enchantment for weapons.

Relativelybest

Hi. I hope this is a feasible request, but basically, I would like a mod that lets me put the Ghostveil effect on weapons as an enchantment. I already have way of turning my entire character into a ghost, weapons included, and I wondered if it's possible to do it only to the weapon.

Additionally, I would love an enchantment that adds the light tracing effect of the Drainheart Sword to the weapon. I've seen this effect put on other weapons and it looks amazing.

Additional effects might be setting the weapon's weight to 1 or/and dealing damage that ignores armor, like the Ghostblade. Though, I would honestly be fine usíng these enchantments only for aesthetic reasons.

This is a really nice idea! As far as being able to do it - it is definitely possible, but it would be more of making a specific weapon look spectral, like Ghostblade and the Drainheart Sword, which is a long and complex process compared to making a new weapon alone. The lighting effect, weight of 1, and armor-ignoring damage, however, can be done quite simply, if memory serves true.

This is a really nice idea! As far as being able to do it - it is definitely possible, but it would be more of making a specific weapon look spectral, like Ghostblade and the Drainheart Sword, which is a long and complex process compared to making a new weapon alone.

That's the crux of it, I suppose. I pretty much just want to be able to put it as an enchantment on, say, a sword I think suits a given character, rather than having to use the same specific weapon all the time.

I assumed the Ghostblade and spectral draugr use some kind of special textures for their look, since they are not the same as the proper ghosts, though I might be wrong. Bound weapons seem to have something similar going on as well. My thinking was that Ghostveil might be suitable for this sort of enchantment since it just goes over anything your character is wearing. Though, I have no idea if it's possible to restrict it to just a single item.

The lighting effect, weight of 1, and armor-ignoring damage, however, can be done quite simply, if memory serves true.

I'd love to do it myself, honestly, but I'm hilariously bad at modding.

Honestly, I have no clue how achieve the Ghostveil effect effect that you are looking for. As far as the spectral weapons go, some of its NifSkope properties change, and it points to its _n texture as opposed to its normal texture.

The lighting effect and armor-ignoring damage can be set up as enchantments, and the weight can be altered in the weapon's CK menu.

If you would like a specific weapon to have these effects and the spectral appearance, replacer or non-replacer, I can do for you.

Honestly, I have no clue how achieve the Ghostveil effect effect that you are looking for. As far as the spectral weapons go, some of its NifSkope properties change, and it points to its _n texture as opposed to its normal texture.

Interesting.

The lighting effect and armor-ignoring damage can be set up as enchantments, and the weight can be altered in the weapon's CK menu.

I'm pretty sure I could manage to change the weapon's stats, assuming I can get my Creation Kit working again. That's about the limit of my skills, though.

So, it's not possible to change the weight in-game? That would actually have been a very useful enchantment all by itself when you think about it.

If you would like a specific weapon to have these effects and the spectral appearance, replacer or non-replacer, I can do for you.

Thanks for the offer. I'll keep it in mind, but I don't have anything particular planned right now.

Edited by Relativelybest

So, it's not possible to change the weight in-game? That would actually have been a very useful enchantment all by itself when you think about it.

As far as I am aware, and with my current CK knowledge, in-game weight changing is unlikely, as I'd be willing to bet it would take a bit of scripting. I'd bet there's be a way to do it, probably in the same sense as some of those armor perks that removes weight of the armor while wearing it. I think that could be somehow transferred to a weapon. I'll take a look around the CK and some scripts, and I'll let you know if I find a way to do it.

• 3 weeks later...

So, I suddenly recalled that I have a mod that does add Ghostveil to items, sorta. I don't recall the name at the moment, but it's a mod that makes various spell effects (Flame Cloak, etc) into decorative armor enchantments, and the Ghostveil enchantment uses the effect shader on the enchanted items.

I managed to make a shield and then a couple of swords that are actually shields with this effect, only there are some limitations: The item only glows blue on the upper half (as in, whichever part is pointing upwards at any given time), and doesn't become transparent or gain the particle effects.

My conclusion is that the actual ghost appearance is a combination of several effects: the shader itself, the transparency (same as invisibility?) and the particle effect.

Naturally, equipping the item turns the entire character into a ghost, but if I drop it on the ground it retains the glow. I think this proves that my idea is plausible at least in a limited way.

On a somewhat related note, I accidentally found that the bound weapons seem to use a different type of glow shader that covers the entire weapon.