Skyrim graphics

Oliver19092000

I always see these videos on YouTube claiming to have the best graphics setup. But when I download all the mods the description says the youtuber used in the video, my game looks nothing like what the graphics looked like in the video?

Sometimes they look even worse than the vanilla game!?

Am I just installing the mods wrong?

Is the graphics in the video exaggerated?

I'm really confused.

Any replies will be greatly appreciated.

Some "graphics setups" are long and drawn out, need umpteen other mods and monitor calibration as well as differences in video input port (vga-hdmi etc).

The best enhancements are the simple ones...just add a few together. For instance, grab Ramcoid and Brumbek textures and then grab a simple preset for ENB like SkyRealism Evolved. Then try other preset files, like using matso's DOF or Bloom. Piecing together enhancements is half the fun of modding.

For texture replacers, the order in which you install them is vital. If you have a mod that adds textures A, B, C in 2048x2048 resolution, but then install another mod that adds textures C and D in 1024x1024, you'll get the low-res version.

Use Mod Organizer so you're able to "hide" single files from a mod, so you can control which texture appears in your game.