Nexus Taboo?

Vulpes95

Dark0ne here's a recent thread on the nexus - *site not allowed* relation with a post by the site owner:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/44348-why-not-on-nexus/

That was like reading The Daily Mail. All I saw was "rape"..

Have we gone so Pc that it's acceptable and justified?

I hope not.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh? Did you bother to actually read Ashal's post?

Yes I did. I agree with the hypocritical stance re certain mods (prostitution etc ) All the same, I can't find justification in any mod that advocates rape or child abuse. I'm not saying that you do. I'm just saying that these things worry me.

Well I am glad somebody finally asked and that we got a straight answer. I must admit that I am surprised it all comes down to some people said some mean things about Nexus mods and the mods there did not delete their posts. Seems exceedingly petty.

And there is no such thing as "actively allowing." Allowing is a passive behavior. Nor is their any such thing as active indifference. Nexus is clearly not indifferent towards LL. Indifference would not have spawned this conversation, because nobody would have noticed that LL was receiving special treatment.

But honestly Nexus' treatment of LL is kind of adorable and quirky in the manner of a child hiding under a blanket to avoid a bath. It's not as though they are interfering with anybody's ability to find or frequent the site. Such censorial behavior is certainly inappropriate in my opinion, but the harm inflicted is positively minimal so I can't get all worked up about it.

Eh? Did you bother to actually read Ashal's post?

Yes I did. I agree with the hypocritical stance re certain mods (prostitution etc ) All the same, I can't find justification in any mod that advocates rape or child abuse. I'm not saying that you do. I'm just saying that these things worry me.

That post specifically states his mod is not made for that kind of stuff. That's like blaming FNIS or nude body textures for rape mods.

3 pages already, even after Dark0ne posted an explanation early on, wow.

Personally I've seen some ugly things said about both sites at the other. Neither site's members are innocent in that regard. Those who want healing should start by stopping that.

Beyond that, remember this is a PRIVATE site. Dark0ne has the right to put what restrictions he sees fit on the site. Civil rights against censorship and such only apply as protections against government involvement in peoples' lives. That's something nobody seems to understand anymore. There's already nude body replacers and such allowed here anyway, so the site is fairy free in terms of content. I don't have any kids myself, but if I did, I'd be right in line with Lilysdad2009 above me; I'd want a site where I could come and browse mods with having to worry about what my 5 year old looking over my shoulder is going to see.

Is censoring even the mention of the site's name in a post without a link or pics being there a little excessive, IMO yes. Can I understand the logic Dark0ne mentioned for it however, yes.

Beyond that, let it go folks. 90% of us know where to find that site, and can go there if we're inclined or ignore it if it's offensive.

Edited by rms827

I'm sorry but what is your five year old going to see over your shoulder? A bunch of text? It's not like the word LLab is going to harm your kid. Nor is a link to Llab because as far as I know you need an account to download anything there and it would be next to impossible that you accidentaly browse to a mod that facilitates rape while you have a five year old watching. Nearly every picture or link within loverslab is hidden with spoilers anyway.

Edited by Noortje

I'm sorry but what is your five year old going to see over your shoulder? A bunch of text? It's not like the word LLab is going to harm your kid. Nor is a link to Llab because as far as I know you need an account to download anything there and it would be next to impossible that you accidentaly browse to a mod that facilitates rape while you have a five year old watching. Nearly every picture or link within *site not allowed* is hidden with spoilers anyway.

I think it would be more geared towards the five year old having access to the computer while nobody is watching.

Assuming they know how to use a mouse, just a few clicks could lead them to a harmful site. Additionally, it'd be illegal for them to view it, being under the age of 18.