Problems with the load order

Rakdarian

So, ive been in the chat, trying to troubleshoot the game on my own. The game crashes frequently and i'm tired of it, options when i try to fast travel are meshed together. I'm told that my load order is to blame, but the problem is i have no idea how to fix it. Ive tried using Gromulous's step by step program but i guess im just too dense to understand what i'm actually supposed to do. What i'm hoping for is if someone can talk to me and take me step by step to help me resolve my issues. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Rakdarian

• 2 weeks later...

Step 1: open your load order / mod list in your chosen program (Nexus Mod Manger or Fallout Mod Manger), if using the modlist from the default FNV launcher then install FMM or NMM first and then comeback and do the steps.

Step 2: When looking at your modlist / load order, all the esm's are king, they are at the top of the mod hierarchy. All vanilla esm's (including DLCs) are placed before any mod related esm's

Ex.

-FalloutNV.esm

-DeadMoney.esm

-HonestHearts.esm

-OldWorldBlues.esm

-LonesomeRoad.esm

-Gunrunners.esm

-CarvanPack.esm

-ClassicPack.esm

-MercPack.esm

-TribalPack.esm

etc....

Step 3: then sort any mod esm's according to the mod author's instruction (if no specific instruction then anywhere after the vanillia & dlc esm's are fine)

Step 4: sort the esp files the same way, generally favoring bugfixes and unofficial patches right after after the esm's, and going down, placing certain esps after or before each other if specified by the mod author.

Step 5: install BOSS (however its being phased out I believe) or LOOT, Google for a download link and follow the install instructions.

Step 6: run either BOSS or LOOT (whichever you downloaded) and select the game to focus on (it works for TES 4: Oblivion, TES 5: Skyrim, Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas and TES 3: Morrowind (I think))

upon completion it will show you the results in a internet window. Most mods are on a masterlist and the program sorts the load order according to the current masterlist, so some mods may not be on there and are regulated to the bottom by default, especially if its a new mod or a personally created mod

Step 7: Double check the load order in FMM or NMM and personally check any mods that had special placement requirements (sometimes LOOT / BOSS puts it in the wrong spot but its rare)

Step 8: Profit, play and enjoy the game, and repeat steps 6 thu 7 when you install new mods.

Questions?