Moving from NMM to MO

Phanourios

I want to move from Nexus Mod Manager to Mod Organizer, but I want to be sure I'm doing it right. I assume I make a list of all the mods I installed with NMM, uninstall them, delete them, uninstall NMM, install MO, and reinstall all the mods? I want to be absolutely sure I'm doing the right thing. I'm really tired of having to restart and play the first few annoying quests over and over.

I want to move from Nexus Mod Manager to Mod Organizer, but I want to be sure I'm doing it right. I assume I make a list of all the mods I installed with NMM, uninstall them, delete them, uninstall NMM, install MO, and reinstall all the mods? I want to be absolutely sure I'm doing the right thing. I'm really tired of having to restart and play the first few annoying quests over and over.

You don't need to uninstall NMM, and you definitely do not have to delete your mods once they're uninstalled.

I'd recommend cleaning out your Skyrim directory completely and then verifying the cache via Steam before fully moving over to MO. It'll help in case there's something that you had to edit or add in manually, without the knowledge of NMM. MO has the capability of importing mods from NMM, but it's a bit buggy and it probably won't get everything.

The link below has a tutorial on how to import your mods. Once you import them, they'll be under the "Downloads" section. Double click them to "install" them into MO. Installing on MO is not the same as installing on NMM; if you install a mod on MO, it'll be ready to activate but none of its assets will be loaded unless you check it in the main mod list. The mod list also puts the mods on the bottom as having the highest priority, unless I have it backwards. I had to do a clean install because of how many mods failed to be imported, but you might have better luck. Most of your mods should be transferred over to MO, but you can re-download the ones that aren't.

Because MO is the only thing that's actually capable of seeing and editing your mods, you'll need to launch Skyrim from it and/or SKSE. All Skyrim-related tools will also need to be loaded from MO. There's a list of applications towards the top right that you can edit; make shortcuts to all of your favorite tools and they'll gain access to your modlist as long as you're running them through MO.

http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Mod_Organizer_Advanced#Migrating_from_NMM_to_Mod_Organizer

Edited by PeggleFrank