After ~30 seconds pressing some button will crash the game

Jedinf

So I'm new to modding, and Skyrim too for that matter, and I think I may have borked something bad. I haven't done the dreaded 'uninstall one mod at a time to find the problem' way but that is on the list.

On to the problem; I got tired of the pop-in and found

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uccxGYPIH4E

to try and fix it and since it seemed like a basic 'make the game load stuff farther off' thing so I did it, and a few days after it started this problem. It doesn't matter what part of the map I'm in, what weapons I'm holding, or what button causes the crash since it's happened with M (map), E (looting), I (inventory), and J (journal) (at least what I remember from the last ~hour trying to play like this).

What's even worse is that undoing everything I changed from the video crashes the game to crash a second after the initial loading screen comes up after hitting continue. I've tried putting back ones I backed up from before I did this (I think some mods had me change these a bit), manually undoing the steps, and even deleting both Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini to try and generate new ones (all done in notepad++). Basically I'm at a damned if I do, damned if I don't spot.

Load order using NMM:

GameMode=Skyrim

Skyrim.esm=1
Update.esm=1
Dawnguard.esm=1
Dragonborn.esm=1
HearthFires.esm=1
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp=1
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp=1
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp=1
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp=1
ClimatesOfTamriel.esm=1
Supreme Storms - Cot Version.esp=1
AOS2_SupremeStorms_CoT Patch.esp=1
CoT-WeatherPatch_SupStorms.esp=1
WetandCold.esp=1
WetandCold - Ashes.esp=1
CoT-WeatherPatch.esp=1
RealShelter.esp=1
HighResTexturePack01.esp=1
HighResTexturePack02.esp=1
HighResTexturePack03.esp=1
SkyUI.esp=1
Better Embers.esp=1
SMIM-Merged-All.esp=1
Unique Grasses.esp=1
Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp=1
Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp=1
Immersive Weapons.esp=1
EnhancedLightsandFX.esp=1
Custom_Markers_with_Notes.esp=1
Unique Uniques.esp=1
SFO - Dragonborn.esp=1
Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp=1
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp=1
Run For Your Lives.esp=1
UnreadBooksGlow.esp=1
MintyLightningMod_COT_Patch.esp=1
mintylightningmod.esp=1
RealisticWaterTwo.esp=1
RealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.esp=1
RealisticWaterTwo - Dawnguard.esp=1
RealisticWaterTwo - Dragonborn.esp=1
RealisticWaterTwo - Waves.esp=1
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.esp=1
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp=1
AOS.esp=1
AOS2_RealisticWaterTwo Patch.esp=1
AOS2_WetandCold Patch.esp=1
AOS2_CoT3_1_patch.esp=1
DynamicMerchants.esp=1
dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp=1
AOS2_EBT Patch.esp=1
dD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp=1
dD-Reduced Wound Size.esp=1
Better distant LOD waterfalls V1.esp=1
RSPatch.esp=1
Beards.esp=1
Brows.esp=1

Specs:

CPU: Intel i5-4690K

RAM: 16GB

GPU: GTX 970

SSD: Crutial MX100 256GB

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

I don't think you should have followed that video. You edited the ini file right ?

Try load up a save before you changed everything make sure everything is back the right way in the ini before loading up an old save. See if this works.

From most of the conversation in the video comments people have been have lots of ctds and other problems after messing around with those setting.

Also the change of settings could be messing with some of your mods.

Your lod waterfall mod could be set to work at a certain number that you may have changed in the ini. Im no expert but thought i would offer a few potential solutions.

Edited by Jeremyk2106

Well I changed the .ini files back to the ones I saved before doing all this and loaded up an OLD save, over half my current level, and it actually got in to the game instead of crashing after one second (though I haven't tested enough to see if it crashes on a button press). But loading up my newest save, or the oldest save I have before the very old one, it still crashes though it's using the old .ini files (the old save was probably made after I had changed this). Is that even really possible? Very odd a save could be the difference between something working and not when given the same .ini files. Disabling the waterfall mod didn't fix it though it was a great idea.

Anyone have something else that might help me fix this? If not I'll have to go to some old saves that I backed up before doing mods, which I don't think would be a big deal since they'd be closer than the OLD save. But still, any other ideas would be great to hear!