Oblivion says its not installed. It is.

olha2

Hey Nexus,

So when I try to play the game through obse.exe I CTD when I press play in the oblivion launcher it tells me "The oblivion executable could not find the oblivion executable please reinstall the game"

But this is BS I played in yesterday and it was working fine. my guess is something in the windows registry got mest up where is the value I need to edit? my oblivion is locaed in D:\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion

• 3 weeks later...

OBSE has to be installed in the right location to work properly (refer to the readme for directions (you can redownload the entire thing from here: http://obse.silverlock.org/)), and if you're using NMM (or similar) you will have to point it at obse.exe as opposed to oblivion.exe (newer versions of NMM should automatically offer this; older versions, and OBMM require manual configuration iirc). The Oblivion launcher itself is likely looking for the wrong executable - have you tried running the game straight from obse.exe in the directory? Does that work properly? If so just create a short-cut to that (or go into that folder whenever you want to play - your choice really).