Need help for x117/lop ears elf mini - misplaced eyes

kadath

I searched everywhere, without any luck, for someone having the same issue as me with it, and after spending a whole day trying to troubleshoot the mod, this is my last resort.

Short version: both the x117 races, and the lop ears elf mini which is based upon 'em, turn out with the eyes far too low inside the head.

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/8636/lops.jpg

Long version: Still, everything should be installed properly. First of all, I installed the Modular Beautiful People 2ch edition version 1.4a. That one works as intended. Then the x117 races (x117race021(addHair02_nonegm)), the working eyelashes and finally the lop ears elf mini v 0.82 and merged the bashed patch with the tags the plugins came with.

Strangely enough, in the CS while in the facegen tab everything looks screwed (eyeballs and teeth outside of the head etc) - which based on what I've read is normal - when placing a full npc of one of those races in the render window it seems to work, eyes included.

I'm really at a loss; the normal, adult lop ears elves do work, so it seems the issue must be related to the x117 body/head sizes, but I can't see where I might have gone wrong. :wallbash: My last hope on the matter is if someone here has stumbled upon a similar issue and found the solution.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :happy:

Edited by kadath

It looks like the game is loading the normal EyeLeftHuman.nif and EyeRightHuman.nif instead of the ones that are supposed to be used by the x117 races. Did you somehow copy the normal eyes over to the x117 folder? I can't imagine why you would have, but...

Also, check in the CS to make sure it's actually loading the eyes from the right directory. It should be Meshes/Characters/x117. If it's not, then that's the problem. Otherwise... I guess you should check that the eyes in that directory actually are the resized ones like they should be.

If neither of those things are the problem, then I can't really help you, unfortunately. The x117 races installed correctly for me.

Edited by Guest

Damn, indeed it was! :wallbash:

Actually, the plugins themselves were pointing to the right meshes (god if I know, I spent the whole afternoon on them checking and rechecking every single file link =_="), but on the spur of the moment I just checked the bashed patch with tes4edit... and guess what, that was the one reverting the eyes to the default imperial ones. :confused:

Which it shouldn't, though, as I don't see from where it would decide to overwrite those two fields, as the only plugins dealing with those races are the x117 and the lop ear elf ones, which already had the (supposedly) correct bash tags.

Manually editing the bashed patch I was able to fix the eyes (thanks! :thumbsup: ), but as we are already here, do you know of a way to track down the source of that mixup in the patch? Maybe some full txt log generated somewhere? If I manage to find the offender this thread might be useful to other people too in the future.

Edited by kadath

Manually editing the bashed patch I was able to fix the eyes (thanks! :thumbsup: ), but as we are already here, do you know of a way to track down the source of that mixup in the patch?

TES4Edit will show you the information you need to know. If something in your Bashed Patch was overwriting the changes then you are importing those changes from a mod, or failing to import the proper changes from the mod you wish, x117. Load up TES4Edit with your full LO and look at the Bashed Patch and/or the x117 race information and see where the override is coming from. TES4Edit has all the information you need for this type of stuff, and then some.

That's the strange thing, those records are referenced only by x117race.esp, Lop-ears elf_mini.esp and the bashed patch itself. The first two pointed to the correct files, yet in the bashed patch they reverted to the default imperial eyes files. My only guess, after some pinpointing, is that it was a leftover from the ESM version of x117: I installed that one first, as - being a bigger file - I though it was the newer one, but it didn't work (and badly so, tons of missing references, I suppose it was used with the old, non modular version of BP 2ch?). The wrong record might have carried over from there, even though I had rebashed everything several times after replacing it with the correct package. :rolleyes: Edited by kadath

If the record is in your Bashed Patch then one of your current mods is putting it there, simple as that. It's impossible for a record to just show up in the Bashed Patch without it being in a mod that's currently in your LO. The Bashed Patch just doesn't pull records out of thin air, it pulls them from your current mods, and only if you tell it to. (i.e. Import X) You need to look harder at your LO in TES4Edit, since obviously one of your mods is altering that record to change it back to default.

Remember this record could be coming from a fully merged mod (+) and that's why you're having trouble tracking it down. Since when you load up TES4Edit your fully merged mods are not loaded (unchecked) and therefor the record only shows in the Bashed Patch. You should use the select all function to load all mods. Just be sure to deselect filter type mods (+) or (**) that require masters that you might not have. (i.e. Cobl Filters, and All Natural's Weather Filter) Otherwise TES4Edit will crash, and inform you that you're missing masters.