Heavy Traffic ×

Geck using the wrong NPC race/skin textures?

Bally9

I made an African-American NPC, which was modified from an existing AfricanAmericanOld NPC. After any changes to the NPC, it replaces the body with a white body, although the head is correct in the GECK. However, in the game the face is Caucasian toned as well.

I know this is a result of the body replacer (using Rude), although I'm not sure how to fix it. I temporarily removed the textures, meshes, and ArchieveInvalidation.txt, went back in and resaved in the GECK, and put all the files back. Now in the GECK, everything looks right, it displays the NPC with the body replacer and the correct skin tones. Even so, the NPC is still Caucasian in the game on clean saves.

Any fixes?

Found the answer to my own question, changing the .ini line bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles=1.

Although, if anyone can answer another question...

With changing the .ini file, does that set things straight for good with how information is saved and processed in the GECK and then read by the game? Or would any users of this mod need to change their .ini files as well for this to actually work?

• 4 weeks later...

Found the answer to my own question, changing the .ini line bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles=1.

Although, if anyone can answer another question...

With changing the .ini file, does that set things straight for good with how information is saved and processed in the GECK and then read by the game? Or would any users of this mod need to change their .ini files as well for this to actually work?

how the hell did you change the ini file?!