Naked even wearing robes (necromancer robes)

Shouc

Hello!

I have searched and searched for anyone else with this problem but have yet to find a solution!

My problem is this, necromancers, couriers and occasional NPCs that I think may be using necromancer robe meshes are appearing naked.

I have over 200 mods installed (but less than 250) and everything is running smoothly with no conflicts except for this.

I first noticed this issue when travelling near a necromancer fortress and was assailed by skeletons and naked men and women. at first I just forgured I'd leave the glitch because whatever if it's only naked necromancers I'll just chalk it up to their kinky habits and leave it at that. But it seems the couriers are also naked as well as the occasional NPC, perhaps using necromancer robes mesh? All other robes are fine, priests, mages, monks pilgrims whatever. Just necromancers.

I started a new game with " live another life" as a necromancer and I too was naked! I was wearing the robes but my dong was still flapping in the wind! I took off the robes, threw them on the ground and there they were glowoing blue, but picking them up and putting them on...I was still naked.

Is it possible these robes are somehow tagged as naked? Either by a mod or some sort of conflict?

I have tried disabling one by one mods which alter clothing or robes and starting a new game but nothing seems to work.

I can post my mod list or anything that may help in solving the problem. I have cleaned everything with TesEdit. I have made forrays into bashing and reproccing but these are new tools to me and am not running bashed or reprocessing patches at the moment.

Any help or ideas would be GREATLY appreciated as I have spent many hours selecting mods for an ultimate immersive experience and it is running perfectly other than this highly immersive breaking bug. A reinstall is a 12 hour process with no guarantee of solving the problem so I'd like to reach out for help before resorting to that.

Thank you in advance for any solutions or suggestions!

Can you see the robes in your inventory?

Can you see them when you drop them?

I'm just guessing here - but, you may have over written the meshes and textures when you installed another mod. If you later removed that mod, then they would now appear invisible.

The inventory and dropped objects use a different model, and so if you can see them in your inventory, but not when you are wearing them, that might be it.

Are you playing with any mods that change the robes? Like "Art of Magicka" or a UNP or CBBE mod that changes robes?

I would uninstall that mod. Load a game and make a clean save.

Then exit

Use mod manager or what ever to reinstall the mods that affect robes. Over write if you need to. This will put the meshes and textures from the mod you want into the game.

Then Shut Down and Restart your computer. I don't know why but sometimes Skyrim plays ghost in the shell with my computer, but restarting seems to work.

Then load the save and equip your robe.

Good luck!

I know how frustrating it is when mods start to break down on you mid game!!

LTK

Thanks for the feedback. Yes there are a few that are possibly altering the robes.

They appear fine in my inventory and when I drop them...I will try tour suggestion and give it a shot.

Is there a way to know what mod may be affecting that mesh?

The Mfg Console mod (which is an SKSE plugin) enhances the console and if you click on an object it will show the name of the last mod to modify an item.

You can also open your entire set of mods in TES5Edit. When you find the robes (in Skyrim.esm or any mod) you'll see all of the mods that are try to modify them and the one causing the problem will be on the right.

I had this happen once when I installed a "decapitation" mod which split hooded robes into two separate parts (so heads and robe would both go flying); it changed the form id's for the vanilla hooded robes in the game into a custom #. When I decided to remove the "decapitation" mod without first deactivating it in the MCM, the custom robes were still referenced and used by npc's even though the game shouldv'e been using the vanilla ones instead since the mod was removed. I'm guessing running/loaded scripts still had the old references instead of the vanilla ones.