Nothing seems to do anything

I only installed any mods after I upgraded to v1.04. I've tried various different ones and nothing seems to be doing anything.

Can you advise on a sure fire way to check if one mod in particular works that you know to work on 1.0.4?

I've played the first two Witchers and have thoroughly enjoyed the vast range of mods available. I'm not comfortable downloading and installing files into the game. Is there any chance that some of the mods coming out will be available with NMM?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking for advise here too. I installed mods for the game just before 1.03 came out. I tried again after 1.03, reinstalled again after 1.04 and again after 1.05 until I wrote a post in the comment section of one of them that I would wait until something other than "dump a whole bunch of unidentifiable files into a games file folder, run the bat file and pray" came out. Only one mod actually works in my game and that is a weight modifying mod that simply alters the .ini file. This reduces the weight of everything I carry by a factor of 10 which solves many problems but the majority of mods ask you to extract files into the "content/patch0/bundles" folder or the "content/content0/bundles" folder and none of these mods have ever worked in my game in spite of the fact that I keep on downloading the newer versions of each mod as the patches come out to try to see some kind of success. I really welcome feedback here.