Can someone explain to me why are modders focused on making new voiced quests rather than new voiced random events?

toadguy

I honestly believe that voiced random events would make the game much better than simple voiced quests. They would add much more variety and thus much more value to a playthrough.

Edited by toadguy

To answer your question:

Mod authors make mods they enjoy, which seems to be new quests rather than miscellaneous random events.

Alternatively, mod authors have not thought of this idea yet.

Because it's more fun to make quests? Because the author enjoys quests more? Because they might not know how to do random events? Because not all quests are simple? Because they want to make quests and not random events?

Edited by Matthiaswagg

Lack of tutorials on making random events. Compared to regular quests it's another layer of complexity.

Bingo! I'd have to agree that's a VERY large part of it. The rest I think is just that a quest has a linear logic and flow to it, so it's easier for some to imagine and put together, not to mention sell to users.

And since the veteran modders don't really seem interested in helping the newer modders, if the new modders can't or wont sort through hours of bad results in Google searches to find info on how to do things like this, the new modders won't be making them anytime soon either.

Also we make stuff we want and if it's a quest generally we have a idea in mind, making a 'random' event is bleh, while it may seem like we are here to make the game better I would say most of us dgaf and if something we make does make the game better we did it for ourselves generally lol

So ya voiced cool storys > some random crapola

Least for me

<snip>

And since the veteran modders don't really seem interested in helping the newer modders, if the new modders can't or wont sort through hours of bad results in Google searches to find info on how to do things like this, the new modders won't be making them anytime soon either.

I'd have to beg to differ there.

Lack of tutorials on making random events. Compared to regular quests it's another layer of complexity.

Bad tutorials, conflicting information on linking into the Radaint system, and an inability to discern veteran modders from veteran trolls. Do any quest mods start from finding an item or note in a random boss chest or on a random boss? Break of Dawn is a perfect example of how to create such a quest. I've had a lot of trouble trying to implement something similar. Testing is difficult because a CoC to a boss or chest won't trigger the Radiant system, and I do not know who to trust about compatibility and conflicts with other Radiant quest mods.

Those are only the problems I've encountered personally.