'Enchantment: Weakness to X' does not work ?

iHateSkirim

Hi there.

When I enchant a Weapon with

Firedamage X

Weakness to Fire 100%

and a Weapon with

Firedamage X

Then the weapons do exactly the same damage.

I really kill enemies with exactly the same amount of strikes, but Weakness to Fire 100% should have doubled the Fire-Damage ?!

Weakness to X makes the Damage get more by the percentage, so why does Weakness to Fire not rise the Fire Damage ? I always did the Enchantmeht
- Weakness to Magic 100% for 1s

- Weakness for Shock 100% for 1s

- Shock Damage 20 pts

and now I seem like ending up that this is exactly the same Damage like

- Shock Damage 20 pts

:(

The same thing for Spells:

When I create a Spell

- Weakness to Magic 100% for 1s

- Weakness to Fire 100% for 1s

- Fire Damage 100 pts

on touch

and

- Fire Damage 100 pts

on touch

Then I ALWAYS need 5 Hits to kill a summoned Dremora Markynaz for any of those 2 Spells. That means, Weakness to X does not have ANY effect ??

The weakness effect must already be active on the target before applying the damage effect. Check the Weakness to Fire UESP wiki page, for example:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Weakness_to_Fire

So adding them to the same 'effect' will probably not work, but first using a weakness effect and then, before the effect runs out, using a damage effect might.

Hopefully that helps a little.

Here's another link: Spell Making ... pay attention to the bottom section regarding the order you have the spell effects. The same applies to enchantments.

I find the most effective casting cost wise is to have a smaller damage followed by as large as you can weakness. Best is damage then weakness to element and weakness to magic at the bottom. Make the duration on the damage short as damage doesn't stack between casts (the timer just resets so if you hit with fire damage for 5 seconds and then 2 seconds later hit again you lose those final 3 seconds of the first cast). The weaknesses do stack so fire damage for 1 second + weakness to fire for 10 seconds + weakness to magic for 10 seconds will increase the second and third hit (if you have the magicka to cast it multiple times).

The key is finding the right balance between the size of the damage vs the size and duration of the weakness for your current level and magicka pool.

Edited by Striker879

Okay now I understand ...

So now all my Spells and Enchantments look like this and are brutal effective, cummulating its effects and killing even strong enemies after a few hits:

- Soul Trap 1 sec (as always)
- Fire/Frost/Shock Damage X Points

- Weakness to Fire/Frost/Shock Damage 100% for up to 5s

- Weakness to Magic 100% for up to 5s

If I use it on a faster weapon like a Dagger, then I only do the duration of the Weakness for 2s. A bow is like 5s and a Spells is like 3s enough.

Extremely funny is that simple thing:
- Soul Trap 1s

- Decrease Health 100 Points for 1s

- Weakness for Magic 2-5s (depends what weapon/spell)

So the first few hits nothing happens, but after like 3 or 4 Hits every Bandit is dead - suddenly.

And even level-50-Goblin-Warchiefs can be killed easily (1500 HP!!!!):
Bow with

- Soultrap 1s

- Weakness to fire 100% for 5s

- Weakness to magic 100% for 5s

no Damage, but now use the *Arrow of Immolation* for 65 Fire Damage (= Far above any Weapon Enchantment).

This bow will not lose that many charges, because it does not need a Elemental Damage effect, but you have it with the arrows.

Now this can kill a Goblin-Warchief with 5 Strikes !

And of course all Human will die with 2 Strikes ... so cool

Now I think theres no better enchanting, but maybe some of you know still any more tricks to max out that damage.

If you mean Drain Health 100 for 1 second then you are onto the trick I didn't tell you about. I make my weakness to <element> and weakness to magic durations a bit longer (10 seconds) and have separated the actual damage spell into a second spell. So my first two or three casts are the weakness spell and then I follow it up with the drain health plus damage spell. Both weakness and kill spells are 10 foot radius to make targeting on the move easier. If need be I can sip a restore magicka potion between the weakness and kill spells.

I don't often use enchanted weapons and mostly rely on a poisoned arrow followed by whatever swordplay is required to finish off the opponent (that's with NPCs like bandits etc ... critters generally get the magic treatment). Using poison so often requires my character to make damage health poisons often, which helps train up alchemy which helps get max levelup bonus for intelligence (which then gives more magicka for casting). Biggest problem after about level 10 or so is that my guy seldom gets even a nick so I don't need to cast restoration spells, so I have to work at training up the willpower skills to get max bonus.