Roads and navmesh question

TheNexusLurker

Sorry if this has already been asked or is easily explained but, I'm not sure where to start looking for an answer. I want to know why the roads in skyrim are not totally covered by navmesh. When I was trying to fix a problem (no experience) with someones mod in that area, I noticed the navmesh barely covers most of the road. What is the reason for that?

Is it just around the area this mod affects? I've never noticed missing navmesh on roads, or any flat areas before. What cell is it in?

Also, it might just be hidden right beneath the terrain. Hit W to change the view mode and see navmesh below the terrain, that might be the problem. Otherwise, I'd assume the mod probably changed the navmesh and then didn't remake all of it perhaps. Check that area without the mod enabled and see if it's still missing.

Is it just around the area this mod affects? I've never noticed missing navmesh on roads, or any flat areas before. What cell is it in?

Also, it might just be hidden right beneath the terrain. Hit W to change the view mode and see navmesh below the terrain, that might be the problem. Otherwise, I'd assume the mod probably changed the navmesh and then didn't remake all of it perhaps. Check that area without the mod enabled and see if it's still missing.

it might just be hidden right beneath the terrain

It is. A good way to know is to hide the items in the render window to show only the nav, It a button in the nav toolbar.

Yes it was hidden under the terrain. Apparently that happens everywhere. I must have missed that in the tutorial somehow.

On another note, do either of you know if it matters how many triangles you have in the navmesh? Will the layout (direction of the triangles and number) effect NPC behavior?