halfswording

adamkins

hey I had what I think is a good idea for a mod, if you look online at halfswording techniques you will see that longswords were often used to strike at armoured opponents the other way around, grabbing the blade and hitting with the hilt/pommel end. This is because swords are balanced with the weight towards the hilt, so whilst striking with the end wont have much impact, being hit with the hilt end will effectively be the same as being hit with a mace.

http://www.thearma.org/essays/Talhoffer/HT-Web_files/image014.jpg

So, if you could simply choose to change your sword position into this at will, and in this position it would receive the mace ignore armour perks instead of the blade perks, this could be a cool mod to add a bit of realism and historical combat!

• 8 months later...

If it is possible, the halfswording (or, more specifically, "murder stroke") can be implemented as some of the new "killcam" animations. I believe in those weapon models are not locked in a specific position (judging by how the player can spin the one-handed axe around), and it would look gorgeous as a finishing move.

And, what's best, killmove animations for swords are sword-specific!