How to set up Blender correctly

MelodyOfNight

Hello everyone,

I need your help. It seems like I'm absolutely not able to install Blender etc in the right way, meaning I can import and export .nif files. I have Blender, Python, PyFFI and NifScripts installed in the order mentioned here, and when I open up Blender for the first time, .nif is shown in the export/import menu. But after closing Blender and opening ist again, it is gone and I have to install them everytime again. Additionally, Blender seems to export "invisible" files. This means, Blender can find them in the folder when I try to import them again, but NifSkope for example can't find them and when I look into the folder, it is empty, too.

So I guess I did something wrong during the installation process. I can't seem to find any tutorial about that, but maybe you know where to find one or can tell me what I have to do to make it work alright (I use Windows 7 64 bit, if that's from any importance).

Thanks in advance!

Edited by MelodyOfNight

• 2 weeks later...

I can say that i know for a fact that the link Moto put up does in fact work 100% for Fallout 3 and Fallout NV as those are the games i use that exact setup for ... as far as others no clue (it will NOT work for skyrim)

I can say that i know for a fact that the link Moto put up does in fact work 100% for Fallout 3 and Fallout NV as those are the games i use that exact setup for ... as far as others no clue (it will NOT work for skyrim)

:thumbsup: