How would this build handle Skyrim with ultra settings + many mods?

Hell guys!

Im planning to buy a gaming pc, not just for skyrim, but skyrim will be my main game.

I want to know if this build will be able to handle skyrim with ultra settings + alot of mods installed. (and ENB if possible)

Here are the specs for the pc:

CPU- Intel core i5 4460 3,2 GHz, 6 mb

GPU- EVGA GeForce GTX 960 4gb SuperSC ACX 2.0+ cooling

Motherboard- Gigabyte B85M-DS3H mATX

Ram- Crucial Ballistix sports 8gb 1600MHz (Have some ram at home, so about 12gb ram)

PSU- Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze

and 1 TB WD Blue

Im still unsure about the GPU if i should pick the 2GB or 4GB, 58 dollar difference. I dont know if its worth

Thank you :)

PSU- Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze <---concern whether this is sufficient for your hardware. You can use a PSU calculator to Divvie up the juice you'll be using and shop for a PSU. As for 4GB over 2GB for $58==go for it.

Edited by MotoSxorpio

PSU- Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze <---concern whether this is sufficient for your hardware. You can use a PSU calculator to Divvie up the juice you'll be using and shop for a PSU. As for 4GB over 2GB for $58==go for it.

Thank you for the tip on looking up a PSU calculator, now i can buy 500W and the build is cheaper. Saving money for the 4GB GPU

Also, i kinda still didn't get my question answered :o, How would it handle skyrim on ultra settings :smile:

Edited by wtfdude5000

"Skyrim on Ultra settings" at what resolution? Do you intend to run AA/AF? Running at 4K with 8x MSAA and 16x AF is almost certainly out of the question, but 1080p (or lower) with FXAA and AF should be no problem (my GTX 660SC could handle that).

4GB VRAM is quite enough for texture mods.

GPU itself is not strong enough for heavy SSAO/DOF ENBs but you should be able to run performance versions of any ENB.

Quite enough for a modest 1080P setup.