Who knows TTIP?

roofiodude

It took all of five minutes to discern that TTIP is simply another badly designed free trade bilateral agreement. This montage is does nothing but feed hyperbole, when do we ever get to vote on trade negotiations?

Russel Brand?..really... that is your concept of unbiased spokesperson? Seeing he did so much good for Labour in the last election I would have thought that even the far left would have considered him damaged goods by now.

What I wanted but could not find were articles written by either the Wall Street Journal or the Economist. It took only minute or so to find an actual article written by the Independent(UK), since it is not even on American media radar at all.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/ttip-trade-agreement-critics-driven-by-antiamerican-sentiment-says-minister-lord-livingston-9705331.html

This is crony capitalism at its worst, as for Lord Livingston, he's an unelected tool who should be nowhere near government. With any luck when TIPP comes up for approval in the European Parliament it'll go the same way as ACTA, there is a lot of opposition to it there from both the left and right.

Most of TTIP is still secret. The one article I have seen by someone who claims he has actually read it says he cannot disclose what it actually says or he will lose his job and may go to jail. That is how much they don't want you to know about it.

Secret treaties should be illegal in a democracy.

Here is one article from the UK side: http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/what-is-ttip-and-six-reasons-why-the-answer-should-scare-you-9779688.html

WTF...

2 Food and environmental safety
TTIP’s ‘regulatory convergence’ agenda will seek to bring EU standards on food safety and the environment closer to those of the US. But US regulations are much less strict, with 70 per cent of all processed foods sold in US supermarkets now containing genetically modified ingredients.
6 Democracy
TTIP’s biggest threat to society is its inherent assault on democracy. One of the main aims of TTIP is the introduction of Investor-State Dispute Settlements (ISDS), which allow companies to sue governments if those governments’ policies cause a loss of profits. In effect it means unelected transnational corporations can dictate the policies of democratically elected governments.
Closer to US standards? Gawd, they wanna make us all sick, then raise insurance again...
ISDS...sue the Fed for policies that cause loss of profits? That's insane. Okay, new rule: Losses are dismissesd at the end of each 4th quarter. :whistling: :ermm: WTF!?!
Edited by MotoSxorpio

Great that I`m not the only one here concerned about this new `corporate schariah` :D maybe we can still stop this bullshittery.

https://stop-ttip.org/?noredirect=en_GB =>only european citizens can sign this

Oh man if TTIP, TPP, CETA, TISA and all that stuff will be passed we´re so f***ed

Also they try to abolish net neutrality. Again => https://savetheinternet.eu/ Don Quijote greets

Edited by roofiodude

Most of TTIP is still secret. The one article I have seen by someone who claims he has actually read it says he cannot disclose what it actually says or he will lose his job and may go to jail. That is how much they don't want you to know about it.

Secret treaties should be illegal in a democracy.

Here is one article from the UK side: http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/what-is-ttip-and-six-reasons-why-the-answer-should-scare-you-9779688.html

> The fact that people are unable bring information to the public is nothing new as their is always secrecy in politics, what concerns me most is the specifics of this situation. The fact that it is in regards to a treaty, which affects both the US and Europe if our governments are dense enough to sign it....by the time we hear about it it will have been to late to let our representives know our thoughts and too late to prepare for the worst.

With all of that said, and while I'm dubious about the intentions behind TTIP, have you seen how he public reacts to certain news? In the US the average civilian was/is convinved that martial law was just around the corner becasue of the Jade-Helm exercise. Anybody who is/was a member of the military or in a military family could have told you they do training exercies all the time.

> I agree, despite not being directly in the ratification process, I don't want to be caught unawares about something that has the potenial to affect my life and liberty. If they want to discuss a treaty fine, but it better be conducted thru the offical (read public) channels.