Who knows TTIP?

roofiodude

Allowing corporations to sue the government for policies that reduce/compromise their profits is just flat out stupid. And that is putting it VERY politiely. ANY regulation is going to affect profits. Shall we repeal all regulation, and just let corporations do what they want? Anyone else remember Bohpal?

THIS^^

I can't even articulate the stupidity.

Nothing less than what I have come to expect from our government. They are a bowl full of stupid, covered in ignorance.

We aren't the only ones getting run into the ground by our elected representatives.

For all the media awareness our newest generation has, they don't know s#*! for what is on the voting table, and care less if they don't think a vote is valid...which just makes it worse. I have to point my known-people to reliable news sources cuz they all think Facebook is where the news is. And its not.

Pay attention when you vote. If you can't vote, find a new world.

But, most of the crap they do, The People DON'T get a voice......

Our government/media keeps telling us that polls show an overwhelming majority of americans support amnesty for illegal aliens.... Yet, when I read articles on ANY news site, the comments are universally against it. Not ONE pro- voice to be heard. The mere fact that EVERYONE commenting on it disagrees with what the media is trying to convince me of stinks to high heaven of someone telling a lie, and hoping they can tell it often enough, that people will start to believe it.... and then be a good little sheep, and go along with it.

Our government tells us that H1B visas won't cost american jobs either. But, I read just recently where Disney laid off HUNDREDS of workers, and refilled them with lower-paid, foreign workers......

Our government doesn't run the country, the corporations that own the politicians run the country.

Just an FYI...the House just defeated TTP authorization even with WH arm twisting in the final days. If Obama cannot even get his own party's approval then I think it's safe to say for the time being it's dead in the water.

Just an FYI...the House just defeated TTP authorization even with WH arm twisting in the final days. If Obama cannot even get his own party's approval then I think it's safe to say for the time being it's dead in the water.

Good. That really doesn't hurt my feelings. :)

@MotoSxorpio

The ISDS is not even the worst part of the TTIP negotiations. Oh, and I`ve also read the EU initial position paper regarding privatization. Guess what, it contains the opposite what our shithead vice chancellor sigmar gabriel here in germany is telling in public. What a *censored*. Already 40% of our retired populationin germany lives below the poverty line, and the numbers are rising. And this piece of junk is mocking them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baqTTt_BZCw

And in greek the neoliberal course is even worse than here. They are REALLY f***ed up. One of many many sad effects of the neoliberal reforms and the bank saving policy there is this:

retired people started to kill themselves, so they are not a finacial burden to their family. I you know, I don`t even know what to say.

So here`s the filet, the topping:

The worst part of TTIP as far as it has been leaked by some brave people that are not corrupt and unethical to their bones is the planned `regulatory cooperation council` (btw regulatory is another word for forced, funny eh?). This council will be able to look at new laws and put them off the table even before they got into national parlaments. Now guess who will be in charge in this council.

@ProConsul

Only the accelerated enacting was defeated, the negotiations are continuing. And that is only one trade deal. TTIP, CETA, and TISA are the ones that will affect europe. TTIP and TISA besides TPP will affect and also cause damage to america. Don`t believe it? Look up NAFTA.

So we`ve already mentioned some of the highly questionable content of TTIP: the ISDS and the regulatory cooperation council.

With TISA, corporations will be able to privatize pretty much everything. And it will be impossible to roll back once the privatization happened.

Everything that got privatized here in germany got more exepensive and had a serious decline in service and overall quality. It`s logical when you think about it. The higher the prices, the less the investments, the more revenue you can make as a company.

A friend of mine is a cop for example and he told me that it is more than likely that police will be privatized here in germany within the next 10-15 years. It is really scary when you think about it.

#neoliberalismVSdemocracy

Edited by roofiodude

• 1 month later...

Anyone else here see how the recent paygate modding affair refelects the early creep of such a treaty?

Off-grid employment with no benefits and no security in which the corporations and governments can wash their hands of you.

Self-employed slavery?

Know your rights. Self-educate. Adapt.