Which mod overhaul?

BourneEnigma

I have been mulling over the three major mod overhauls for a while now and can't seem to decide which would be best. They all offer something I like. So any opinions would be much appreciated. One aspect that has me slightly favoring Requiem is the static leveling, but I've also heard it can be quite brutal. While I don't want anything too easy (i.e. vanilla), I also don't want the game too frustrating, especially since I've been using the Alternative Death mod. Another concern is flexibility. I would rather not have to play a certain way (or use specific weapons, for instance) just to survive.

Rather than an overhaul if you want a challenge you can follow my advice in this thread I wrote:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/2881104-my-truly-difficult-modded-skyrim-setup/

As I say in my intro, Requiem is your best bet for an overhaul if you want a REALLY hard game. But it gets fairly easy after level 25 so unless you add mods to Requiem that make it hard after level 25 you may get bored (as I did).

Also if you like to add and remove mods all the time (like I do) then Requiem and SkyRe and Perkus Maximus just won't be for you because you have to create compatibility patches.