1028 replies to this topic

Site Bot

Site Bot

Fear me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 949,073 posts
Vurts Trees and Grass Replacer

This mod replaces the Joshua trees with larger varietes, most of the grasses in the game is also replaced with higher resolution versions (2048x2048).

michael84

michael84

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts
is this the same Vurt from the morrowind tree replacers? i <3 those morrowind mods i use almost all of them. i was wondering well this slow down my game? being higher resolution and all?

vurt

vurt

Serial Modderer

• Premium Member
  • 2,586 posts
Yes, it's the same vurt ;) i didnt notice any drop in FPS, i'm on a 4870x2, 4.1GHz C2D. Can't say how good or bad it performs on lower end computers, probably there will be a FPS hit..

M Hanky

M Hanky

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
the trees and grass look a little too healthy for a desert post-apocalyptic setting where no one is watering them or taking care of them in any way

EDIT: that said, they do look good, just a little out of place

Edited by M Hanky, 24 January 2011 - 10:40 PM.

vurt

vurt

Serial Modderer

• Premium Member
  • 2,586 posts
It comes with 2 sets of grasses, the second one is less healthy looking. Personally i use Nevada Skies which has rain, so for me healthier grass makes more sense. Dunno if i agree that the trees looks healthier than the default ones, i think mine are less saturated.

Thasic

Thasic

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,289 posts
Actually, I used to live in the US western desert area. It tends to be fairly green most of the year. There are lots of flowering plants and smallish trees. Its not a jungle or anything but this mod has it about right. As far as post apocalyptic, the Mojave supposedly did not get nuked during the Fallout wars so all the wasteland stuff from FO3 would not be true in FONV, at least that's how I understand things.

Thasic

Thasic

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,289 posts
BTW, nice looking mod. I'll DL and leave comments

Bman26

Bman26

Regular

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
This mod looks great man, I like grass v1.

vurt

vurt

Serial Modderer

• Premium Member
  • 2,586 posts
I'll add better bark textures for the next version, i'm not too happy with them as they look now.

lordquilton

lordquilton

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 305 posts
They ARE gorgeous, don't suppose you'd consider a "scorched bark withered leaves" version when you update?

Page loaded in: 0.999 seconds