Nevergrind, a solid browser based RPG.

Beriallord

https://nevergrind.com/

I found a link to this game on another forums, and its not like what you'd typically expect from a browser based game. This game has a ton of depth and customization, and is really addictive. The game just started up not too long ago, and I'd personally like to see the community grow so the game continues to get expanded.

Here is a rundown on what the game is like:

- Like Diablo type games, there is random loot drops, a similar skill system, and a similar progression dynamic where there is normal, nightmare and hell mode difficulties. And like diablo 2 there is also a ladder, and rewards will be given based on ladder rank at the end of the season. Right now the game is single player, but the game is evolving and more content and ways to play the game will be added at some point.

- This game is 2D, but shiny graphics don't make or break a game IMO.

- There are normal, magic, rare, unique, set items, and legendary items.

- You get a bonus to exp gains as well as magic find for chaining enemies in this game. The idea is to pull more than one enemy at a time, or pull another enemy as you're about to kill one, and repeat the process. Decent drops are not excessively rare in this game. Like if I chain 50 enemies, I'm pretty much guaranteed to find a unique.

- There are lots of race choices which each race having a unique ability or bonus, as well different base stats. The choice of male or female even has relevance with regards to different bonuses. Each race has a certain amount of class choices open, so every race can't be every class, except for human which is mediocre for a lot of roles.

- This is a free to play game, but micro transactions are similar to Path of Exile, where you can buy crystals to expand character and bank slots, and the prices are very reasonable. $10 gets you 1000 crystals and that's a ton of bank tabs and character slots. By default you get 2 character slots and 9 bank tabs, and its 70 crystals to purchase 9 tabs, or 150 for a character slot. Its not pay to win by any stretch. I made due with 2 characters and 9 tabs for quite a while, I just had to discard what I wasn't gonna use on one of my 2 characters.

- It can be played on even a cheap netbook, and you can login and play from any capable device.

Races and their special abilities:

Human - Second wind, buffs hp & mana regen and raises damage and damage resistance for 12 secs with a 2 min cooldown.

Erudite - Chromatic Aegis, buffs up magic resist.

Barbarian - Strength of ancestors, increases all damage

High Elf - enchanced passive mana regen

Wood Elf - Camouflage, makes you untargetable for 6 secs and attacking from camo gives you a damage bonus.

Dark Elf - Absorb HP from your target based on damage.

Half Elf - Hybrid vigor, frees you from stun and fear and regens HP.

Dwarf - Granite skin, reduces all damage taken.

Gnome - Warp field, makes a target unable to attack or be attacked for a period, and Gnomes are immune to silence.

Halfling - Minor buffs to run speed, magic find, exp gains and can hide to ambush targets (can't use it in the middle of a fight).

Troll - Increases passive health regen.

Ogre - Cannot be stunned

14 classes in the game:

Warrior

Monk

Rogue

Paladin

Ranger

Shadow Knight

Bard

Cleric

Druid

Shaman

Necromancer

Enchanter

Magician

Wizard

Here is an example of a character spread sheet and the itemization and stats involved. I'll post the stats to my Rogue here:

http://nevergrind.com/nevergrounds/index.php?character=Locke

I got several other characters some in the level 70s range, but the rogue is the one I'm playing right now.

You can check out the builds on the leaderboards to see what people are doing. Keep in mind this game is VERY new, and I think its solid enough to deserve more attention. And I'm sure a lot of you here would enjoy it.