Fallout 4 mods will be on Xbox One, thoughts ?

NILLOC916

During the Microsoft E3 Press Conference, Todd Howard said that mods made on the PC will be able to be used on the Xbox One free of charge. https://youtu.be/aBM5nzJ5Bws?list=PLkwIeqsPeOG_gKuEDae5A7dsQOSmhrn9K

What do y'all think ? I think it's a great idea that a lot of people have been asking for, for a long time. It will also expose the creations of great modders to a larger audience.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll have to be limited, the Xbox struggles to run games at a decent frame rate anyway, start shoving mods in there and poor little billy will be playing at 10 frames a second while flames come out of the machine.

I'm against Consoles allowing mods for Fallout 4. If you want mods buy the PC version of the game mods need to be treated like an Exclusive just for PC.

Why ? As long as they don't limit modding capabilities to make it work with consoles, why should modding be kept to PC only ? That kind of elitist attitude is why some people don't like PC gamers.

I'm against Consoles allowing mods for Fallout 4. If you want mods buy the PC version of the game mods need to be treated like an Exclusive just for PC.

Why ? As long as they don't limit modding capabilities to make it work with consoles, why should modding be kept to PC only ? That kind of elitist attitude is why some people don't like PC gamers.

I agree, modding should be kept to PC. Without permission from the authors of the mods in which they would be using on the Xbox 1, I don't think it should be allowed, especially since they were made exclusively for PC.

I don't really care one way or another personally since I don't plan on owning an XBone. I also understand that this probably re-opens the whole paid modding can of worms. But... To be completely frank, I'm not too surprised from this announcement. Nor am I really concerned about how capable mods will be with these games. Even though it is not allowed and is mostly hushed, modding Fallout and even Skyrim on 360 is still a thing. It may not be as in depth as it is on PC, but it still is functionally possible given the limits of the console. The reality is that a large portion of those who play on console don't care much about fps or resolution (since they're capped to 30fps 720p anyway). I imagine that this is how they will allow for it... By capping performance they can leave room for mods before any mods cause noticeable performance issues. They are probably also going to end up either limiting the sorts of mods that can be used in the service (due to mod interaction issues)... Or the part which has me concerned... Limiting what modders can actually do with the official tools provided to them such that conflicts are less common or somehow auto-resolve themselves.

Permission and other things will likely be a non-issue since this author consent can just be forced in order to upload your mod to the service or as part of the EULA of the toolkit.

i heard it was basically only Bethesda made mods (which would be no different than a patch or DLC) or maybe it was Bethesda approved mods or something. but not all 3rd party mods will be available, and by and large most 3rd party mods wont be available. but thats just what ive heard.

I don't think Sony nor Microsoft can allow for user generated content on their devices of this nature. Considering the nudity and unlicensed material that sometimes seems to sweep mods.

I guess they will staff to moderate what goes up lol

Edited by Teabone3