Fallout 4 Mods Able to Be Transferred Over to the Xbox One.

AlexanderCription

Watching E3 and Todd Howard recently stated that with Fallout 4 they will be able to "transfer" mods from the PC to the Xbox One.

Which I can only assume will be limited.

Already on PC with mods you can suffer big drops in FPS. The majority of console games are capped at 30FPS. With PC you have the ability of having more than 60FPS so the drop in 20FPS from the mods you have installed can still keep you close to 60FPS if not still above. To a console - dropping 20FPS when you only have a maximum of 30 is... unplayable.

Things like texture overhauls, weather mods, new custom armors, weapons, and structures will be a huge strain on the console.

Script extenders won't be possible. Which will very likely accumulate for the majority of mods later on. ENB's won't be possible. Cleaning Bethesda's master files probably wont be possible.

There can be bugs that can exist on Xbox but not on PC and vice versa... so unofficial patches will have to be tailored specifically for Xbox.

I assume some sort of Steam Workshop esk thing will be put in place. So that restricts the majority of the ever so popular body mods. SFW body mods will be required to have them on Xbox.

DLC normally comes out faster on consoles. Huge conflicts there.

I don't know, this is all just off the top of my head.

Seems like conflicts and limitations are just going to be all over the place.

Consoles aren't open like PC's are. If they were this wouldn't be that much of a concern.

It's really up to mod makers and if they're willing to put in the extra work to have their mod on Xbox.

And then support it, most likely separately from the PC version of their mod.