Day Dreams of a Spaced out Old Man

Deleted54170User

The refrigerators timer stopped working last week. Since there was several inches of snow outside the house I put the food in bags and buried it in the snow. I thought the frozen pizza would stay frozen buried in the snow and the bottled water might freeze out there. I buried the food in about 12 inches of snow. I discovered the next morning that when water is buried it stays cold, but it does not freeze.

A bottle of water I kept in the car froze solid though. The boxed and plastic bagged frozen pizza stayed cold, but thawed. I had to eat the pizzas I had each day or they would have become spoiled.

If I had been thinking, instead of panicking that a weeks worth of food would go to waste, I could have laid them on top the snow, after I realized, the exposed bottle of drinking water in my car was frozen, I could have and they would have frozen solid.

I feared feral cats and dogs would find them that way though.

Last evening I discovered all my amateur work on the refrigerator paid off. I was happy about getting the refrigerator working again, when I went to sleep last night.

I slept well!

When I awakened I had the desire to play around in the game Fallout: New Vegas. Maybe because I have proved myself capable of making stuff work again from parts, that, otherwise the frig would have gone to the garbage dump.

I'm a RESTORER! :woot: AND NOW I can restock the refrigerator and live happily ever... or maybe the frig will last for another 20 years; like the parts salesman suggested it might.

I'm a maintenance and repairman now too! :woot:

Pagafyr, you deserve to be happy with your achievement. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

From now on be proud to be called the 'mighty refrigerator repair man' though I am not sure how this ability will help you fight your enemies, or achieve your goals, in the game of Fallout New Vegas. :huh: :rolleyes: :tongue:

Perhaps your dreaded new reputation will frighten off the ghouls, raiders, supermutants and other nasty things; they will run away in panic knowing that at any moment you can repair another refrigerator. :psyduck: :pirate: :ninja:

Edited by Maharg67

Since the post here strained poor Graham's (Maharg67) eyes I have put it in my cloud, you know the one, the cloud with the silver lining. Mines got gold cables and gold circuits which allow for the best connections and fast functionality too.

It's where I store my Daydreams, not sleep :sleep: dreams anymore, that occasionally I write during the night, midnight to sunrise, or during the day.

Pagafyr, its a wonderful tale that you have unfolded in your last post but, alas, my poor old brain is at a loss to understand all of it. Perhaps it is your greatly profound wisdom that slips out of my reach with an oily squishy sound. Alas I will not be ordering one of your wonderful devices as I am focused on buying a brain left side thought spark regulator with built in solar power recharging and a three slot sliced bread toaster.