Forum status

Dark0ne

We're aware the forums have been largely inaccessible and now down since 11pm (GMT) on the 18th of June. In an unwelcome throwback to the 2013-2014 Nexus years the RAID controller on the forum server has seemingly packed in. Perhaps the forum server wanted to give us one last gift before we (had planned) to transition to the new cloud-based system over the weekend?

Thankfully all our database operations are stored on a 5-server database cluster unrelated to the forum server, so things like the member database, posts, topics, etc. are all fine, dandy and indeed all working from the NexusMods.com site as usual. The forums, including new registrations, are not however.

We're continuing to look in to it, but it's coming up on 3AM now and this might take a while. Just a heads up. 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #26227789.

Dark0ne wrote: We're aware the forums have been largely inaccessible and now down since 11pm (GMT) on the 18th of June. In an unwelcome throwback to the 2013-2014 Nexus years the RAID controller on the forum server has seemingly packed in. Perhaps the forum server wanted to give us one last gift before we (had planned) to transition to the new cloud-based system over the weekend?

Thankfully all our database operations are stored on a 5-server database cluster unrelated to the forum server, so things like the member database, posts, topics, etc. are all fine, dandy and indeed all working from the NexusMods.com site as usual. The forums, including new registrations, are not however.

We're continuing to look in to it, but it's coming up on 3AM now and this might take a while. Just a heads up. 

In that case try to get some sleep I'm sure the forums will still be waiting to be fixed in 6 to 12 hours.

Same here, still, as it is internet, Providers (not common, but might happen), software (damn that auto lock out function !), then the most common being hardware related, where access to component + software is key.

To be seen and yes, some sleep is mandatory as to any intelligence based activity, to be seen later on then.

In response to post #26227789. #26227869 is also a reply to the same post.

Dark0ne wrote: We're aware the forums have been largely inaccessible and now down since 11pm (GMT) on the 18th of June. In an unwelcome throwback to the 2013-2014 Nexus years the RAID controller on the forum server has seemingly packed in. Perhaps the forum server wanted to give us one last gift before we (had planned) to transition to the new cloud-based system over the weekend?

gunslinger6792 wrote: In that case try to get some sleep I'm sure the forums will still be waiting to be fixed in 6 to 12 hours.

Disaster averted for now, we think.

Forums back up and responding, disabled a few things in the mean-time (NMM version stuff mostly).

Can now sleep.

Thanks Dark0ne, appreciate the heads up. Hopefully, you do get some sleep in.

Cheers,

The stories I could tell when I worked in computer repair when a system came in with a bad RAID controller. Some of the Frankenstein's Monster setups I came up with to pull data off a server with a bad backplane was comical. Best of luck on the rebuild. I know it can be time consuming.