• Please log in to reply
566 replies to this topic

easymeat

easymeat

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
Thank you so much for this it is simply amazing, truly great work.
Morrowind looks absolutely fantastic.

Do you know if there are any Mods that overhaul the combat, so that it does not seem so wooden?

ChOaDE

ChOaDE

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Thanks again very much for your work!

Ver 3.0 produces the "Unable to locate Enchanting 'hair shirt'" error via the Morrowind Patch 1.6.5 Beta (BTB Edit).esm
(i.e. if I deactivate that one, the error is gone - the shirt itself is fine - no mesh or texture errors).

But everything else is fine. Well, apart from a lot of dependency errors which I had to kick with TESTool :D

is there a way to get rid of this error without disabling the entire 1.6.5 beta patch or was i misunderstanding you? id really appreciate any help... this is sort of driving me nuts.

Sulo

Sulo

Pirate Captain

• Premium Member
  • 755 posts
In response to post #8865263.

Shamefully, I have to admit that the error is caused rather by my object merger and my Morrowind Mod Manager than the original configuration. Something I realised yesterday while tweaking my install.

The error is definitely gone when activating "More Better Clothes" (provided in the install) after "Better Clothes V1.1".
My MMM did not activate the first one, because it had the ending .ESP not .esp (case sensitive) and ingnored it. After I saw that, I changed the ending to small letters and it stayed activated in MMM.

Maybe you are using the same tools, be sure to change the file ending and make sure "more better clothes" is REALLY active. (TESTool or the "oldschool" launcher). And it has to be placed below/after any clothes patch, just to be sure.
Try running MLOX again after changing all "ESP" to "esp".
Don't forget to get the latest mlox txt file.

After extensive testing I can say that all "my" problems with "hair shirt" were related to MMM not activating More Better Clothes. I just don't know how this is related to the unofficial patch, nor have I time and drive to check that. All I had to do is restore a neat load order. First with mlox and then to my own liking. Then, at least this error, is gone.

Edited by Sulo, 21 August 2013 - 10:24 PM.

ChOaDE

ChOaDE

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

In response to post #8865263.

Shamefully, I have to admit that the error is caused rather by my object merger and my Morrowind Mod Manager than the original configuration. Something I realised yesterday while tweaking my install.

The error is definitely gone when activating "More Better Clothes" (provided in the install) after "Better Clothes V1.1".
My MMM did not activate the first one, because it had the ending .ESP not .esp (case sensitive) and ingnored it. After I saw that, I changed the ending to small letters and it stayed activated in MMM.

Maybe you are using the same tools, be sure to change the file ending and make sure "more better clothes" is REALLY active. (TESTool or the "oldschool" launcher). And it has to be placed below/after any clothes patch, just to be sure.
Try running MLOX again after changing all "ESP" to "esp".
Don't forget to get the latest mlox txt file.

After extensive testing I can say that all "my" problems with "hair shirt" were related to MMM not activating More Better Clothes. I just don't know how this is related to the unofficial patch, nor have I time and drive to check that. All I had to do is restore a neat load order. First with mlox and then to my own liking. Then, at least this error, is gone.

Sulo, id like to thank you very very much, i used the MGSO v3.0 auto installer and i should have mentioned that in my original post but im afraid my lack of sleep and trying to fix this for around 7 hours yesterday made me zombielike.

all i had to do was find the "more better clothes" and rename the .ESP to .esp and the error went away. im guessing i can assume at this point that the mod is still active and working correctly.

again thank you very much for replying to my post at all, let alone actually solve my problem... it took all of 10 seconds... kind of wish i had asked here earlier... but at the same time im a huge advocate of googling to figure things out for myself rather than bother people without so much as attempting it.

Sulo

Sulo

Pirate Captain

• Premium Member
  • 755 posts
In response to post #8873292.

Hey, you're welcome! I'm glad that I could help. That's what we're here for. Don't forget to rename the other "ESP", there are 3 or 4 of them, I think.
Again, that's what the community is here for and as my grandma said: "There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers" :wink:

easymeat

easymeat

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
Hello all can anyone advise on this, I have scanned my P.C, with Norman Malware Cleaner and it has come up with this message.

C:\Games\Nexus Mod Manager\Morrowind\Mods\Morrowind Overhaul - Sounds And Graphics by Ornitocopter Team-MGSO_3-0_Final-.rar/Installer Files\MGEStable.exe: File infected with winpe/Suspicious_Gen4.BULBU
Delete archive object: C:\Games\Nexus Mod Manager\Morrowind\Mods\Morrowind Overhaul - Sounds And Graphics by Ornitocopter Team-MGSO_3-0_Final-.rar/Installer Files\MGEStable.exe
Cleaning successful

Sulo

Sulo

Pirate Captain

• Premium Member
  • 755 posts
In response to post #8882619.

I'd say that's a false positive, otherwise thousands of people would have complained earlier. I use an other antivirus product and have no problem whatsoever. I think it's an error with the heuristics, your antivirus detects traces or methods that are also known to viruses and reports that. The installer is very invasive, that's why. Well, in my opinion. But I don't take any responsibility for what's going on on your system!

donaldlisberg

donaldlisberg

Enthusiast

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts
please make this nexusmods downloadable!

donaldlisberg

donaldlisberg

Enthusiast

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts
Manager downloadable, I mean.

Juhan345

Juhan345

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
It would be nice if this could be downloaded with the Nexus mod manager, but it seems like the mod is already dead... Also, I'd like the voice files to be seperate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Page loaded in: 0.911 seconds