Noob that needs help !

blownsmallblock350

Greetings to all that may read this thread. I am new to modding games but I have been around the video game lifestyle for around ten years so I am not bew to the hobby. What I am having trouble with is that I am trying to get my head wrapped around all of the acronyms that are used for modding and exactly what I would need to do certain things. I currently have NMM installed and have successfully installed and activated the " a quality world map " and the main unofficial sky rim patch as seen in Gopher' 1st and 2nd videos for beginners, I am now lost as to what I need to be able to make bodyslider2 , work along with all of textures that I may need outfits etc. I work at a car dealership during the day so I am punching This out from my iPhone, can someone give me some guidance ?

Hello blownsmallblock350,

I will explain you some things that may help you :wink: (English is not my native language, sorry)

First, before using bodyslide, you will need to choose a body mod. Bodyslide 2 or Bodyslider 2 is a software created by the maker of CBBE, the most used FEMALE body mod, in order to allow users to create their own FEMALE body shape, and it also includes another software called Outfit Studio, which is used to do some things with FEMALE outfits but you should leave that alone for the moment.

A Body mod is important because it determines which armor/clothes mods and which body textures you are going tu use.

Hopefully many outfits/armors mods have different versions for each body mods

The most well known are :

-CBBE : A curvy body shape ---Most used, many outfits

-UNP : More skinny ---2nd Most used, lots of outfits too but a bit less

-UNPB : a variant of UNP, more like CBBE

-7Base : very curvy.

You can't use 2 at a time, only one :wink:

Edited by iraido

So bodyslide/bodyslide2 work on top of the already standing body mod that is already installed? As in it would work with any of the body mods you just listed ? Next question would be do I need to install skse to make these mods work? I am so sorry that I do not understand this stuff, I feel like I should be able to figure this out. Haha

Haha no problem Lol, that's completely normal, It's a bit hard to understand for someone new to modding ^^

Bodyslide 2 is made to work with CBBE, and you can get it when you install CBBE. i don't think it will work with others body types.

Although SKSE is not required, i would suggest you install it as well as SkyUI. You should follow a video for that, there is plenty that explains how to install these two. They are required for many mods and SkyUI interface is btw so much better than the default interface.

Don't hesitate for any question you should have, ask it :wink:

Edited by iraido

Thanks iraido! I appreciate it, so i need, SKSE, SkyUI, CBBE as a base bodymod, then i can add bodyslide if desired along with everything else that bodyslide requires. Next thing, what is the deal with race menu in game and do i need to install something to be able to access it in game? Like how do i actually interface with this stuff once its installed ?

Sorry but are you talking about the new bodyslide integration into racemenu or the bodyslide tool that you use out of the game ? :ermm:

Also note that CBBE only replaces the body textures and meshes, not the head so you will probably need a body/head texture if you didn"t already installed one. ;)

Concerning the racemenu, then again are you talking about the default skyrim character creation interface that you can open via console or the RACEMENU MOD that allows you to create better looking characters ?