The Charactor of identity

kvnchrist

I was thnking about how we as human's interact with eachother and our need to be apart of something and yet be distinguished apart from that very something.

Is this a need for acceptance or a need to be acknowledged for who we are?

Why would some pertitrate a lie or a deception, even a minor one to make themselves appear more inline with a group, when it means they deny themselves in doing it? Is this done out of insecurity or preservation of acceptability, even though it is fraudulant?

Are those who are called loners actually lonely or are they more comfortable with their own being than others or is it the exact opposite?

Instinct gives us a need for protection in numbers (or from). Racial (species) dependency served.

Social interaction gives us the need for Identity. Whether Identity is for a declaration of community or a declaration of rebellion is in the individual.

I may be wrong, since I'm the only nekkid bug eyed guy with a rainbow for no reason behind him.

Edited by MotoSxorpio

Kvnchrist,

I am always amused (in an appreciative way) that your questions are usually primal ones...and IMO almost impossible to give a definitive answer with any surety.

Kvnchrist,

I am always amused (in an appreciative way) that your questions are usually primal ones...and IMO almost impossible to give a definitive answer with any surety.

My friend, for all our vaulted arrogance and facade of sophistication, we are all just as primal as the questions I ask. All we need is for our supply and service systems to break down and we will be nothing more than caveman wielding sticks. We, as human beings are as domesticated as the animals we fence in for our food.

Kvnchrist,

My friend, for all our vaulted arrogance and facade of sophistication, we are all just as primal as the questions I ask. All we need is for our supply and service systems to break down and we will be nothing more than caveman wielding sticks. We, as human beings are as domesticated as the animals we fence in for our food.

Where will you buy the stick? :armscrossed:

Kvnchrist,

Where will you buy the stick? :armscrossed:

It is a euphemism for weaponry. Just ask yourself, the transportation of food and fuels were to suddenly vanish off the face of the world, would we be as pleasant to each other as our partisan bickering what we have determined we deserve will allow us to be even today? We are a pathetic race of beings that tought our vaulted sense of values, while we determine who is human enough to share in those values based solely on your own version of normalcy.

Hamlet:

What a piece of work is a man, how noble in reason, how

infinite in faculties, in form and moving how express and

admirable, in action how like an angel, in apprehension how like

a god! the beauty of the world, the paragon of animals—and yet,

to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me—

nor woman neither, though by your smiling you seem to say so.

Such idealist words when you look at a human being as an object, but add a Deity, so he can think himself better than others for being picked by that very deity and add property to covet and this so-called noble creature reverts back to the animal he is by nature.

People do these things and/or change themselves for a simple reason: They don't want to be alone. If you're in the right mindset for this it's pretty easy understand,just think back to school no one wanted to be 'that kid',the one standing alone somwhere on the schoolyard (for whatever reason) and speaking from personal expirense: 'loners' are not loners by choise,well of course not,but if you're more comfortable with youreself than you most likely have a god bit of self-confidence (unlike me...) and then one often has less of a problem finding/making friends.'Loners' are usually 'loners' for reasons like:thy're to shy,they don't find someone that they like,or in some cases: they're just more of an introvert.

People do these things and/or change themselves for a simple reason: They don't want to be alone. If you're in the right mindset for this it's pretty easy understand,just think back to school no one wanted to be 'that kid',the one standing alone somwhere on the schoolyard (for whatever reason) and speaking from personal expirense: 'loners' are not loners by choise,well of course not,but if you're more comfortable with youreself than you most likely have a god bit of self-confidence (unlike me...) and then one often has less of a problem finding/making friends.'Loners' are usually 'loners' for reasons like:thy're to shy,they don't find someone that they like,or in some cases: they're just more of an introvert.

Either that, or they just don't have much use for other people. I find that one very easy to understand.

kvnchrist, on 27 Jun 2015 - 12:22 PM, said:

MotoSxorpio, on 27 Jun 2015 - 11:00 AM, said:

kvnchrist, on 26 Jun 2015 - 10:18 PM, said:

Aurielius, on 26 Jun 2015 - 09:52 AM, said:

Kvnchrist,

Where will you buy the stick? [:armscrossed:]

It is a euphemism for weaponry. Just ask yourself, the transportation of food and fuels were to suddenly vanish off the face of the world, would we be as pleasant to each other as our partisan bickering what we have determined we deserve will allow us to be even today? We are a pathetic race of beings that tought our vaulted sense of values, while we determine who is human enough to share in those values based solely on your own version of normalcy.

QuoteHamlet:
What a piece of work is a man, how noble in reason, how
infinite in faculties, in form and moving how express and
admirable, in action how like an angel, in apprehension how like
a god! the beauty of the world, the paragon of animals—and yet,
to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me—
nor woman neither, though by your smiling you seem to say so.

Such idealist words when you look at a human being as an object, but add a Deity, so he can think himself better than others for being picked by that very deity and add property to covet and this so-called noble creature reverts back to the animal he is by nature.

But you are asking about the character of identity. About why we act and think as we do, not what are baser natures really are? Since you quote The Bard I will do the same and use one of the characters that I think most fits what you have asked, Macbeth.

To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury
Signifying nothing.

Macbeth constantly tries to make himself and those around him see him as a more noble being (and fitting king.) He changes, morphs and mutates and tries to convince all that he encounters. He tried to make his wife see him better than she does. Here though he obviously disagrees with the above used passage of Hamlet. He sees all the machinations as no more than a breeze and that at the end we are as little as one. So do we change ourselves, mostly poorly disguising our baser natures? I recently watched a program talking about when we lie to others. Many studies have shown that on the internet, where we most expect people to lie is not the greatest place for it. It is when we deal with someone face to face we do most of our "poor playing" (and lying.)

That being said I think that most people have this desire to be these idealistic things of which Hamlet speaks. Most do not lie when they say they are or aspire to be this way. It is the image we wish to spin to the world-but not to make ourselves gods...though I give you certainly some do. It is that we realize with every action that our "baser natures" are sometimes just below the surface and we desperately wish it were not so. But that may be what separates humans from all other things. The ability to dream to ourselves and project to others a more noble existence.

This seems not to matter if we choose to be with others and use this tool or if we are "loners." I think that sometimes is a misnomer as many "loners" are in fact introverts. This does not make us shy, it just makes our social dealings with others a bit less valuable and often difficult. That does not stop us from practicing this same self-change. We do it to aspire to the noble standard we see humans as having and wish to be.