Weapons mashup tutorials?

GeorgiaCav

I've been able to create mashups of armors in Blender for, oh, a good week and a half now. Now I want to mashup the scope from one rifle with the body of another rifle. But after literally MINUTES of Googling, I haven't been able to find a tutorial that really seems to address what I want to do.

I can make a .nif in Blender that exports successfully and looks good in Nifskope, but when I go to add it in the GECK, it can't be interacted with. Like, I can't grab it to rotate it or place it. It appears in the game but it can't be picked up; it's like a static piece of the background.

I tried changing the model of a gun I knew to be working to the .nif I made and it too could no longer be manipulated in GECK, so there's something wrong with my .nif.

I know from experience that mashing up armor isn't quite as straightforward a process as it seems, what with needing to get rid of all the old bones and import a new skeleton and exporting THAT as opposed to just exporting the armor itself. So I'm figuring that the process of mashing up weapons isn't quite that straightforward either.

So what I'm looking for is simple: I need a tutorial that specifically addresses the problems of combining meshes from multiple weapons into a single .nif.

If anyone has made or knows of such a thing, pointers or links would be helpful.

Alternatively, if anybody just really wants to make a kick-ass SKS with scope like the one Furiosa uses in MAD MAX: FURY ROAD for me that would be fine too, but I'd really rather learn to do it on my own so I can make more if I want to without begging.

Any help? Anybody? TIA.

• 2 weeks later...

import the .nif of the scope you want to attach, select it, and right click --> copy branch. open another nifskope window and import the .nif of the SKS or whatever other weapon you want, right click (somewhere not on the weapon itself) --> paste at end. back to the first window, and from the block list on the left select the lens, copy that branch, and then paste it under the scope .nif you just imported. (to do that go to the block list and right click on the directory for the scope). now just use right click --> edit, to move the scope (and then the lens) into the location you want. save it and export it. then youll have to deal with the geck xD thats simple enough you just have to change the model to your new weapon file and then DONT FORGET TO CHANGE THE 1ST PERSON MODEL otherwise youll just have the weapon you started with and no scope. hope this helped :)

• 2 weeks later...