Fallout 4 on Low end PCs?

DonnieBrasco453

So I was just curious, how do you all think Fallout 4 will run on low end PCs? I ask this question because my PC rig is fairly poor (i have an intel hd 4000 for graphics) and I can only run games on low settings. I am incredibly excited for Fallout 4 and i really do want to play it on PC for the mods, but i am worried that Fallout 4 may be too advanced to run on my PC! I can run Fallout 3, New Vegas, and Skyrim with playable FPS on low settings. What do you all think? Will Fallout 4 run about the same as Skyrim or will it be nearly unplayable on low end systems?

Impossible to say with any certainty - specs haven't been released as far as I know. That said, if you can run FO3/NV and Skyrim, I'd expect FO4 to at least be playable, but it may not run very well. Out of curiosity though, does your system have a PCI Express slot available? It would be fairly trivial to add a more powerful graphics card, which would improve things for FO3/NV and Skyrim, and likely improve your odds for FO4 as well. What are the rest of your system's specifications? IIRC HD 4000 means Ivy Bridge (or better), so the CPU should be pretty competent, and as long as you have a decent amount of RAM (or can upgrade; it's also easy) it's probably a pretty competent box.

Well i have an intel i7 CPU and 16 GB of RAM. i was looking to perhaps purchase a new GPU and inserting that in, but i was worried that my power supply might not be enough to handle a new video card

There's a good chance that you do need a one if it's a store brought PC, they come with barely adequate power supplies. They're quite easy to change though and any modern gaming class GPU will be a massive improvement over what you're using now so it would be well worth doing.

If you can give us the exact manufacturer ( Dell, HP, Acer etc) and model of your PC, we can check to be sure a standard size Power Supply and video card will actually fit. Some PC makers use non standard size power supplies and don't have the room for a full length or full height Video card. And many video cards require a separate connection directly from the power supply that you will have to make sure any new power supply has.

i7 +16GB RAM without graphic card ? sounds like a waste of money.

A 500W alim should be enought for every single graphic card on the market

I recomand you X60 or X70 from Nvidia, its the better power/price on the the market right now, X60 if u'r low budget , X70 if you want ultra settings

(my 670 -3 years old- run Witcher 3 on ultra settings so its worth the money too)

To awnser the first questions, fallout 4 have 10 years old graphics :tongue: so it should run on low config, even on iGPU i guess.

@bben46 I believe the manufacturing model of my PC is ASUS. On the box of my computer it says "ASUS Essentio Series" if that helps. And thanks to everyone else for the recommendations, ill look into em.

The only ASUS Essentio Series I could find with that CPU and RAM also had an Nvidia GPU which means it's not yours. If you know anyone locally who can take a look then it's worth doing, without the full facts someone here could unwittingly give out bad advice that could leave you out of pocket. As for the Intel 4000, I think you'll really struggle even on low settings, my Macbook has the 5000 chipset and that's pretty terrible so I shudder to think what the 4000 is like.

Offhand, I would say that if you are barely running Skyrim on low, you would almost certainly need either a new PC or significant upgrades to run FO4. Based on what I've seen, what I know about the engine, how it will be built with PS4/XBone in mind, and other games being released now, I would speculate the minimum requirements to be somewhere around:

3.2ghz 4 core 64 bit processor (3.8ghz if 8 core due to typically bad thread performance by the engine)

4gb installed RAM (8 for comfort, 16 for mods)

DX 11/12 compatible videocard

2gb video RAM (3gb for high quality textures)