Legalities of making a Shivering Isles mod in Skyrim?

Teirdalin

So as of late I've been playing quite a bit of Morrowind; which then made me think of Oblivion; which then made me get back into playing Skyrim again because Oblivion just feels unplayable to me. And then I realized that we don't have anything nearly as interesting in Skyrim going on as the Shivering Isles was; so I figured perhaps it would be an interesting project to make a shivering isles themed quest; and then I I wondered if it would just instantly get taken down because the shivering isles takes place in Oblivion and not Skyrim.

So anyways; the question at hand, would making a shivering isles based mod be against some sort of rule or not?

If not; then I suppose I could call it The Shibbering Ibbles, and make up my own god-king of a sort for it.

-Which actually would make more sense considering Sheogorath is now the player from Oblivion; and naturally the isles would be significantly changed at this point depending on the personality of the character; which really gives a lot of new content ideas. Although the half good half evil theme is probably a must.

Edited by Tentain

I think someone else is working on one, though I'm stretching my memory a bit as to if it was announced on here or on the Bethsoft forums. In terms of legalities, so long as you craft all your assets and so forth from scratch, you shouldn't really have any problems. For example, the Gray Cowl of Nocturnal mod has someone voicing one of the daedric princes and has a flashback to a scene straight out of Oblivion, and they haven't been given a cease and desist order, so you should be well and truly ok on that front.

I think someone else is working on one, though I'm stretching my memory a bit as to if it was announced on here or on the Bethsoft forums. In terms of legalities, so long as you craft all your assets and so forth from scratch, you shouldn't really have any problems. For example, the Gray Cowl of Nocturnal mod has someone voicing one of the daedric princes and has a flashback to a scene straight out of Oblivion, and they haven't been given a cease and desist order, so you should be well and truly ok on that front.

Well that's good, and making the resources for that in theory should be quite fun as I don't need to focus on functionality and realism with the designs.

Forgot about

http://i.imgur.com/F3806BI.png.

Perhaps this idea wouldn't work very well; unless I save constantly or only make small sections at a time. Or actually have a team.

Edited by Tentain