Skyrim & Modding Noob Question

ilovepineapple

Hi,

I'm practically new to Skyrim and to be honest I haven't started playing the vanilla version but I wanted to add mods to it straight away since the whole vanilla version of every games I played bores me from the start.

Is there an easy mod installer that will basically tells you about compatibility issues? For example "WeiDu" (for those of you who are familiar) is an easy mod installer for Baldur's Gate and this amazing software can download, install, and update mods for you, and it can also tells you about compatibility issue with each mod. Using it gives me a hassle free mod installation and I even installed 100+ mods without a problem and it really gives me a total immersion throughout my gameplay of Baldur's Gate and without it playing the vanilla version was pretty much boring at least for me...

So I wonder if there is such an easy mod installer like WeiDu? Sorry then if your not familiar with such program and yes I am familiar with NMM.

Edited by ilovepineapple

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suggest you to use Mod Organizer as well it is a bit more difficult to use than some other but once you get use to it its amazing because it won't install your mod in your skyrim folder instead it will have is own mod folder so if a mod make

your game crash you will be able to delete it easily. Make sure you understand how "Overwrite" work and look for tutorial for mod organizer only because it is a bit different than the other mod manager because the install instruction and folder

aren't locate at the same spot !

Here is what you MUST learn to use Mod Organizer:

-Learn how to use "overwrite" and what it is. (never ever ignore the overwrite folder)

-Learn how to use TES5EDIT (not really relate to MO but to mod in general)

-Learn how to use LOOT and sorting pluggin load order (this is a must or game crash)

-Learn how to properly install mod in Mod Organizer (not really hard but some mod need some "extra care")

I might have forgot something there but this is most of the basic.

Have fun modding !

I suggest you to use Mod Organizer as well it is a bit more difficult to use than some other but once you get use to it its amazing because it won't install your mod in your skyrim folder instead it will have is own mod folder so if a mod make

your game crash you will be able to delete it easily. Make sure you understand how "Overwrite" work and look for tutorial for mod organizer only because it is a bit different than the other mod manager because the install instruction and folder

aren't locate at the same spot !

Here is what you MUST learn to use Mod Organizer:

-Learn how to use "overwrite" and what it is. (never ever ignore the overwrite folder)

-Learn how to use TES5EDIT (not really relate to MO but to mod in general)

-Learn how to use LOOT and sorting pluggin load order (this is a must or game crash)

-Learn how to properly install mod in Mod Organizer (not really hard but some mod need some "extra care")

I might have forgot something there but this is most of the basic.

Have fun modding !

Do I need to install LOOT using MO?

I've encountered an overwriting situation here: http://prntscr.com/7opsgg http://prntscr.com/7optu5

The overwrite button is highlighted in red. HDTPhysics Extension Plugin or something that needs to overwrite something...

I am sorry for the late reply this is only a .LOG files you can either drag and drop it into the hdtextension mod or delete it its up to you. Your game will often create log file from mod that will end up in the overwrite such as hdt or skse and there might be other. You could just let them sit there but I suggest you clean the overwrite each time you play the game just to make sure its not something important that end up there.

Edited by instanthit

Its different for CBBE with Mod Organizer you need to install it this way :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoyDizXDFoU

Make sure to check "racemenu morph" at the bottom of the bodyslide ! (if you don't check the box it wont work in game)

Since MO doesn't install anything into the usual skyrim directories CBBE doesnt work when u run it this way so you need to run it through Mod Organizer. (just like the tutorial show) (or just like you do with FNIS or LOOT)

Make sure you always sort your plugin every time you installed a new one and run loot as well because it will tell you if you miss a file !

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is another quick and simple tutorial that cover the basic I watched it myself the first time I used MO I really suggest you to watch it, it show how to properly use TES5EDIT and more :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qxltdw8VXsI

(really... watch it you won't regret it)

There is way more thing to worry about this is only the basic but I'm not a "PRO" in modding skyrim,I have yet to learn way more thing such as how to fix CTD (Call To Desktop) infinite Loading screen and more (which your most likely to encounter in the meantime modding skyrim)

Edited by instanthit