Campaign summary/Journal

tracktwo

Okay.. good news! Re-locating any such elements straight into some custom INT files is indeed much more "elegant" both in terms of compatibility reasons & user's control.

Localization is another aspect that i had completely forgotten in my dreamy wishes for img inserts (functional HTML components already packaged in various UPK) but, i see you've already given careful thoughts to whatever might be necessary.

Besides, anything supplemental (HUD & UI assets) should be easy to integrate at any point during development since custom UPK archives are possible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Alright TT, haven't heard much about your current status of "tasks" for the second & third mode (Graphs and/or Summary) lately! :wink:

I figured the Timeline/Journal should be pretty solid at this point and its features already could be nearing completion.

All of this didn't stop me from trying to put together a few sample "screens" for what i called the "STATS & GRAPHS" components. I'll be finalizing the whole workspace and all of the internal principles along with any supplemental GFX assets as they become necessary or preferable.

Currently, i'm standing on a basic framework that will use 17 items (slots which are scaled just as the Archives buttons) per page. That 17 really is a magic number for many reasons; 16 Nations + Worldwide... 9 Interrogations & Autopsies + 5 Robotics + Outsider + All Aliens Totals row... 11 UFO types... various gameplay concepts & activities... ETC.

These are presented in the same structure used by the "Gray Market" with a few corrections to the internal elements. The list of ( 17+/- with scrollbar ) items is to the left side (selectable to gain focus and also to auto-transfer into the "Graphs" or "Spreadsheet" for proper context(s) -- hopefully with custom colors & other QoL options) and on the right we get two alternate toggling overlays; Stats & Graphs. The top bar area would contain "categories" shortcuts and individual data columns for the numbers with icons & maybe, textual references.

Anyhow.. it will all be made much clearer with some mockups later on this week.

See ya! :D

Edited by Zyxpsilon

I haven't been super excited about working on it, to be honest, and let my Flash subscription lapse. Currently I've been focusing on other areas and I think I might do a bit more work on the Campaign Summary but I'm not sure I'll tackle either of the other views in the near future just because it's such a big job and requires a lot more flash work. Possibly if these features are still missing from XCOM2 I'll take a look at it again then, or maybe if I find myself sufficiently bored between now and then.

Like all my mods, the complete sources for campaign summary are up on github (https://github.com/tracktwo/campaign-summary) so anyone who wants to take this and run with it is more than welcome.

Bof - fair enough... only time will tell if you ever return to this with some minimal excitement.

Trick with (any) Flash tasks is that our good friend XMarksTheSpot would (( or could :smile: -- if this entire community of gamers is *THAT* lucky! )) certainly be able to "DO" it all in one sweeping duty. His collaboration could be soooooo precious, that's a given.

Sadly, i'm not that much of a true coder with the necessary skillset to handle the whole project & its various and yet complex elements.

It's you or maybe ( very BIG if ) someone else -- eventually... but, it's true that XCom2 might become a wildly tough hurdle to jump off once the new gameplay thingy gets released next February.

One can always dream -- right? :D

PS; If i remember correctly you had integrated the remaining custom Icon-Tags for the Timeline/Journal awhile ago. Wouldn't it be okay to make a (temporary) version out of that "finished' work?

EDIT ---

Might as well post some early results i had done over the last few days for three screens... there's no Stats or Graphs inserted yet, but the generic framework is just about done. The basic concept fits within a re-purposed "Gray Market" GFX structure and uses a relatively high number of new (or old, that depends) assets.

1) UFOs

http://s12.postimg.org/ec4vcdif1/STATS_GRAPHS_Combined_Mock_Up_Sample1.png

-- Blue-Boxes can be checked (automatically) when their Analysis has been completed.

2) ALIEN Species...

http://s3.postimg.org/jmk5plnir/STATS_GRAPHS_Combined_Mock_Up_Sample2.png

-- RED=Autopsies... YELLOW=Interrogations... BLUE=Shard research complete!

-- GM=Gray market sales... CR=Council Requests... INV=Corpses or Captives in hand!

3) Council Nations...

http://s12.postimg.org/6r6funcsd/STATS_GRAPHS_Combined_Mock_Up_Sample3.png

-- Monthly (16 columns can be squeezed into the current 1024x680 area) stuff, duh!!

OH -- and we'd get Cyan lines on the Graph/Chart versions for the major Categories of items. Multiple choices of other colors for the rest.

If only those samples could rationally stir some serious interest(s)! :D

Edited by Zyxpsilon