More Old-school RPG Experience for Skyrim?

StupidDunmer

Hi guys,

I have been wanting to do another Skyrim playthrough, but after recently playing Morrowind, I feel I would like to experience Skyrim in a way which is more unforgiving and unleveled. I'm talking about things such as more in-depth skills, an unlevelled world, more difficult fights, etc. When playing Morrowind I loved the inherent danger of exploring ruins at lower level, knowing that you are definitely not skilled enough to explore it. In Skyrim, I always had that thought in the back of my head, knowing it would be levelled. A completely unlevelled experience would be perfect. Another thing is the loot system. Making things such as Dwemer armor and Ebony armor much more rare, and making Daedric armor next to impossible to get. Of course, I have looked into Requiem and I think it ticks all of these boxes, but I am really not sure if there are any better alternatives out there. What's a good set of mods (or singular mod) which could provide this experience closer than Requiem, if any at all? I think an experience like this in the engine and the world of Skyrim would be absolutely brilliant. I love the world of Morrowind, and hopefully some sort of unleveling mod and a similar overhaul to Requiem is done for Skywind, too (I really can't wait for that mod).

Thanks in advance!

For the best old-school experience i would go with Requiem. It won't be perfect but it's probably the best out there.

For the loot system there's Morrowloot by Trainwiz, and then there's also Morrowloot 4E edition and Morrowloot Ultimate

Started a play-through with Requiem. The combat system is absolutely brilliant! I actually feel like I am accomplishing something when I kill higher level enemies. I've looked for a Morrowloot 4E edition Requiem patch, but I can't find one anywhere.