mod: no auto-focus camera when talking?..

ThinkGreen

That is related to auto-hiding and altering the hud and view upon activating a movie. I believe that is the FOV setting, which can cause some problems with slow downs and hang-ups when certain graphics settings are enabled.

You'll probably find it in one of these files, though it is probably the second one:

Data0.pak > "data\editor\scripts\movies_filters.scr"

• The FOV line in one of the three sections may control it where changing it from 0 to 1, or 1 to 0 may prevent movies from auto-changing the FOV. I doubt it is this setting though.

Data0.pak > "data\editor\scripts\movies_style.scr"

• key("FOV", 153, 51, 0, 255, 255, 255);
  • It may be that second value (51) that controls what the FOV is set to during movies as it seems like your FOV gets forced to be about a value of 51 during movies. Changing that to the same custom FOV value you have set in your video options may prevent the screen from 'zooming in' during movies.

I haven't checked to see if this is actually what controls it yet as I'm really busy with a ton of other things, but it is worth a shot. I hope this helps.

Edited by StinVec

Last I heard on the subject of those files, they cannot really be "unpacked"...or at least not in the traditional sense of extracting its contents as if they were readable files like a zip.

I do not think it is possible really to extract and then modify and/or replace elements of those files before repacking them in a way that would allow the game to recognize the repacked file with modified contents. Some people tried and have long since given up, though there may be some people out there trying still.

Omg really?.. damn.. i was hoping to be able to edit some textures :(

I cant beleive its not possible to extract textures.. isnt there anyone with knowledge, who want to make an extractor for rpack?.. i would be definitly willing to pay to have an extractor for rpacks :P

• 1 month later...

I dont understand,, whatever values i change, nothing changes in-game.. is there doubled files??

Since the day i bought the game i didnt even played more then once yet..for me, its totally lore breaking when the camera auto focus and lock when talking to npcs.. i hate it so much when games do that! Thats why i never played more then 10minutes to fallout NV and thats why i might never play again DyingLight..unfortunatly..

• 1 month later...

I dont understand,, whatever values i change, nothing changes in-game.. is there doubled files??

Since the day i bought the game i didnt even played more then once yet..for me, its totally lore breaking when the camera auto focus and lock when talking to npcs.. i hate it so much when games do that! Thats why i never played more then 10minutes to fallout NV and thats why i might never play again DyingLight..unfortunatly..

The problem is that files in the existing pak files (data0, data1, data2) are essentially 'read only' as far as the game is concerned. Yes you can 'extract' the files inside, but any changes you make will not be read back in by the game's engine.

Only the files inside the data3.pak file will actually be checked for modded content.