ENB issue - all black/blue but eyes and HUD

FrankFamily

Black screen except for eyes and HUD caused by AO, IBL, particle lighting, reflections and subsurface scattering.

So, i've been a few days without playing skyrim other than for testing mods i'm making so i didn't bother running ENB (i use injector version), today i wanted to take some screenshots for the mod and run the injector, only to find that once ingame everything was blue except eyes (on the character creation menu) and HUD, so i disabled enb with the "use effect" thing on the menu.

I was using TAZ lighting overhaul, which was working fine last time i used enb, no idea what has changed since. I've uninstalled that one and installed NLA enhanced shaders, same result but instead of blue it's now black. (except eyes and HUD). Blindly "playing" with the black screen i've found some lights (probably from torches) appear too but blue (inverted?) but the rest is pitch black.

Which is weird since i've found some posts of people having everything look ok but eyes invisble or black, and mine is exactly the oposite.

I've tried disabling individual effects on the end menu and AO, image based lighting, particle lighting, reflections and subsurface scattering cause the problem, with all those disabled it works fine (not much effects left though...), turning any of those on causes the problem.

So any help is appreciated since i don't know what to try, ini configuration seems fine, bFloatPointRenderTarget and shadows on stuff.

The weirdest thing of all is that i don't think anything has changed since the last time enb worked, no new mods, same driver and everything...

Edited by FrankFamily

What ENB are you using? I'd suggest trying the wrapper version to see if it works. I'd also consider making a backup of the inis and downloading a set of inis from Nexus that are supposed to work with ENB. Remember that the inis are in two places; username/documents/mygames/skyrim and steam/steamapps/common/skyrim.

No luck changing inis sadly, if anyone has any idea i'll appreciate it. I think i'm just going to reinstall skyrim and start fresh.

Edited by FrankFamily

• 1 year later...

When I launch Skyrim the screen is black. I can still see the HUD. I tried both the wrapper and the injector version of "enbseries_skyrim_v0308" with the same results. I did the SkyrimPrefs.ini edits from the description. Pure Vision still works fine until I switch to Vivid Ender ENB preset.

Before switching ENB check if ALL the files from the older ENB have been removed. Some ENBs might use files that others don't.

Edited by Project579

Thank you. The first thing I did was:
"first things first is to get rid of the existing ENB files in your skyrim root directory
d3d9.dll, enbhost.exe, enbseries folder, enblocal + enbseries text file"

Although you're right to point out there could be other files than just these to make sure to remove. I think I did but will check on that next time.

Edited by ntblood

I think I did delete them though it's missing from the statement there someone sent me. I removed all enb---.fx
Someone said One Tweak being on in the Enderal launcher causes this black screen with HUD. When I disable One Tweak then I get a resolution error stopping me from launching the game. But someone just told me that I could change the resolution in SkyrimPrefs.ini

I'll try Vivid Ender ENB again that's giving me trouble and make sure I remove all .fx files though I believe I did that before. Then turn One Tweak off in the Enderal Launcher and set my resolution in SkyrimPrefs.ini

Edited by ntblood