Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch [USLEEP]

Arthmoor

Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch [uSLEEP]

As many of you may remember, last year around this time we conducted a poll on whether or not it was the right time to consider unifying the unofficial patches into a single package. At the time, about 25% of those who responded to the poll were still in a position where they did not have all 3 DLCs for the game. So we decided against merging everything at that time.

Fast forward to today, it's become quite clear that that 25% is far less than it was, and more and more people have been asking when we're going to be doing this. This post is your answer. :smile:

Shortly after the release of USKP 2.1.3, we will begin the process of unification to merge the vanilla USKP plus all of the DLC patches into one all encompassing mod, which will be known as "Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch", or USLEEP for short. A mouthful, but a catchy acronym.

We have decided that the best course of action will be to rename the esp to match the mod's updated name. It will remain an ESP file flagged as an ESM as that makes the process of working on it less of a hassle for us and as has been proven, the game, CK, and existing mod management tools are completely fine with it. We have also verified that switching the ESP name will not cause any scripts modified by the project, or added new to the project, to throw Papyrus errors. The only side effect will be that the retroactive update scripts will all run again. That shouldn't cause any problems though and we'll make sure any scripts manipulating formlists are safeguarded against generating duplicate references in them.

The hi-res DLC patch will remain a separate entity as many people do not use it for one reason or another and it's not considered part of the "Legendary Edition" of the game either.

We estimate the time needed to do the work of merging everything together and then putting it through testing will take a few months. So we are not anticipating another release for the project between now and November while this work is done. Time commitments to other things are the main reason for this, so we figure giving ourselves enough time for that is prudent. Plus this also gives enough warning ahead of time that we're going forward with this.

As many existing issues as we could resolve for the 2.1.3 release cycle have now been cleared from the tracker and any issues remaining that are not feasible to fix have been closed appropriately. Any new issues submitted after this point will need to wait until the unification process is complete before we will even begin to consider touching them. Please, DO report them, just don't expect action for awhile. If it should become necessary (God forbid) for a hotfix to be released before the unification is done, then that will be the ONLY issue that will be addressed and will be handled only in whatever patch it may affect.

After the unification process is done, the existing separated patches will no longer receive updates. The files will remain up in their existing entries but will be frozen and the comment threads closed where possible. All future support will be handled on a single file entry for the unified project on each site it is hosted on.

Mods which rely on using the USKP/UDGP/UHFP/UDBP are strongly urged to make plans to switch over to the new master file when it's ready. Other mods which import fixes from the unofficial patches are also strongly urged to make sure they are up to date before November. It would also be best if any translated versions of the patches out there get synced up with 2.1.3 so that as many people as possible will have access to them while the unification is underway.

We will have a testing release at some point before the unified patch is ready to go live. The usual cautions against using beta copies on saves you intend to keep will apply. That step is going to last no less than a full month so that there's time enough to shake out any bugs that result from the process.

========================

Some of you may also be wondering what this means for my own projects that make use of the unofficial patches as masters. These will all be converted as needed to run using the unified patch file. Post-unification, I will not release mods that rely on the individual patch files. So things like Bring Out Your Dead, Cutting Room Floor, Ars Metallica, and other stuff, will all get taken care of on whatever schedule fits best as the process moves along. In the case of Cutting Room Floor, this will also open the door to adding cut DLC content that's been getting logged to the tracker. So it'll be worth it :tongue: Once I make these transitions, any old copies relying on the old patch files will be frozen.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1 for this going ahead now, anyone who will not be going legendary for whatever reason and not participating in the current beta testing of 2.1.3 really ought to get their feet wet and join in testing .. Considering its going to be your last version of the separate patches.

2.1.3 beta testing has been on the streets for a week now already.

Thanks so much for all the Hard Work, the whole team put on this "Essencial Fixes compilation". I will be taking care of my spanish translations done to your mods, when the time comes. Great Future for our Skyrim.

The Legendary edition may be widespread, but don't take for granted that everyone uses all 3 DLC. I, for one, always played without HF and the Unofficial HF Patch.

(I'd also play without DG if it weren't for a mod that puts a stop to the nightly vampire attacks on the towns)

Is the new, unified, patch design going to force me to use HF?

If yes, would you think of a mechanism to INHIBIT anything_and_everything HF-related as if I'm playing without the HF DLC?

Perhaps it'd be appropriate to run a poll and see which specific DLC everyone is using. My two cents.

Edited by 2ndWind

So let me get this straight.....since it sounds like version 2.1.3 may be the last seperate version of unofficial patches does that mean any new bugs

caused by the patches themselves will go unchecked* unless we spend out money for DLC we do not want or even care about?

* - At least until you decide if and when to release a hotfix

Edited by BlackDragon66

Blackdragon,

The project has been continuously worked on since late 2011,

There has been a whole site and bug tracker set up specifically for community feedback and work to be discussed

There have been regular updates with a phenomenal amount of fixes with each update

There have been beta periods advertised on AFK Mods and the official Bethesda forums for every one of those updates

Are there actually any bugs with the Unofficial Patch Project that you know of ?

Or just a tide of inept users making the same old mistakes over and over, with a bunch of conflicting / bad mods, bad practices and generally very little clue about what they are doing with advanced modding tools ?

Have you seen the bug tracker recently, its mostly empty in the to-do categories, and brimming with fixes done :

Actors - 1 unconfirmed - 520 fixes

Audio - 0 unconfirmed - 131 fixes

Crash - 0 unconfirmed - 8 fixes

Animations - 7 unconfirmed - 20 fixes

Items - 0 unconfirmed - 336 fixes

Locations - 1 unconfirmed - 150 fixes

Magic - 2 unconfirmed - 88 fixes

Meshes - 1 unconfirmed - 537 fixes

Perks and Skills - 1 unconfirmed - 45 fixes

Placed References - 7 unconfirmed - 1442 fixes

Quests - 6 unconfirmed - 696 fixes

Races - 0 unconfirmed - 8 fixes

Text - 0 unconfirmed - 1635 fixes

Textures - 0 unconfirmed - 28 fixes

Tracking bugs - 5 unconfirmed - 10 fixes

Hi Res Textures - 0 unconfirmed - 10 fixes

Papyrus - 1 unconfirmed - 682 fixes

Changelogs for all the above are as follows :

http://afkmods.iguanadons.net/Unofficial%20Skyrim%20Patch%20Version%20History.html

http://afkmods.iguanadons.net/Unofficial%20Dawnguard%20Patch%20Version%20History.html

http://afkmods.iguanadons.net/Unofficial%20Hearthfire%20Patch%20Version%20History.html

http://afkmods.iguanadons.net/Unofficial%20Dragonborn%20Patch%20Version%20History.html

http://afkmods.iguanadons.net/Unofficial%20High%20Resolution%20Patch%20Version%20History.html

Each one of those fixes needed someone with a good deal of knowledge how to go about fixing them for a stable game for everyone - Thats a whole lot of dedication, already applied by participants, and a chunk out of their own spare life time for everyones benefit for free ..

Its not unreasonable for the UPP team to hope that the project will be finished one day is it ?

And its not like the community did not get a heads up this was coming, a year ago Arthmoor put up public polls around all the bazaars, and the conclusion was it would not be done then, but probably commence in about a years time when they got to seeing the light at the end of the tunnel with regards to all fixes being done.

Now that time has come. And fixes we could all benefit from having the project in a Legendary package can commence.

If there is actually anything that seriously needs addressed at a later date, I have no doubt there will be a put it to bed update ..

Did you read this paragraph :

As many existing issues as we could resolve for the 2.1.3 release cycle have now been cleared from the tracker and any issues remaining that are not feasible to fix have been closed appropriately. Any new issues submitted after this point will need to wait until the unification process is complete before we will even begin to consider touching them. Please, DO report them, just don't expect action for awhile. If it should become necessary (God forbid) for a hotfix to be released before the unification is done, then that will be the ONLY issue that will be addressed and will be handled only in whatever patch it may affect.

So if you do have a genuine problem with 2.1.3 - participate over there at the home of the Unofficial Patch Project, AFK Mods, and report it on the bug tracker.

alt3rn1ty

Inept users?

After reading the usual lame reply you posted it would seem that maybe I should have used more simple language.

So I'll try again.

If a bug or mistake occurs in game as the result of installing one of the final versions of unofficial patch esps would it be

feasible to get confirmation that a hotfix or patch would become availabe without having to purchase unwanted dlc.

Bug Example - Version 2.1.2 of the USKP patch contained a broken AI package for Delphine introduced by the USKP patch mod.

I must apologize for using any big words so I included some

definitions just in case.

feasible - possible to do easily or conveniently

confirmation - a response which shows that information is received and understood

Have a nice day

Bug Example - Version 2.1.2 of the USKP patch contained a broken AI package for Delphine introduced by the USKP patch mod.

Negative.

The USKP fixed a bug in one area which exposed an underlying bug somewhere else. You'd be surprised how often this happens.

You should therefore understand that these kinds of misconceptions, whether through ignorance or deliberate misinformation, tend to make us prickly.

As for the remainder of your post, the questions you asked were answered in the OP.