Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch [USLEEP]

Arthmoor

I'm going to have to dust off the old Creation Kit/TES5Edit at some point then. I've got a few mods that have the USKP as a master that'll need to be sorted. I'm glad it's being unified though, should make it much easier for everyone.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to have to dust off the old Creation Kit/TES5Edit at some point then. I've got a few mods that have the USKP as a master that'll need to be sorted. I'm glad it's being unified though, should make it much easier for everyone.

Regarding this: What will happen to older, no longer updated mods that had USKP as a master? Will they just become completely outdated and unusable for users of USLEEP?

Worst case, you can use Wrye Bash to change the master dependency on the file if the author isn't around anymore to update it. Or use TES5Edit to change the file header if for some reason Wrye Bash gives you the hives :P Either way you won't be entirely SOL.

Worst case, you can use Wrye Bash to change the master dependency on the file if the author isn't around anymore to update it. Or use TES5Edit to change the file header if for some reason Wrye Bash gives you the hives :P Either way you won't be entirely SOL.

Figured. Great. Thanks as always. ;)

Worst case, you can use Wrye Bash to change the master dependency on the file if the author isn't around anymore to update it. Or use TES5Edit to change the file header if for some reason Wrye Bash gives you the hives :tongue: Either way you won't be entirely SOL.

As a mod author that depends on all the unoffical patches (except the Unofficial High Resolution Patch) do you have a relatively idiot proof guide on how to change over to the USLEEP master from the seperate patches ?

For USKP->USLEEP it ought to be pretty straightforward.

For the DLC patches to convert over, not so much, since those files are obviously not going to transition over well.

Really, I think it would be simpler to just do whatever you're doing with a fresh update using USLEEP as the master so that there's no chance for screwups.

Will you ever consider adding (merging into the USLEEP package) the "fixes" mentioned in the S.T.E.P. guide? For example, Brawl Bugs Patch, Bowlegged Jump Fix, Double Cursor Fix, Enchantment Reload Fix, Invisibility Glitch Eyes Fix, Distant Decal Fix, etc... To list out the most important ones. This would decrease the plugin amount wasted on fixes that just do one specific thing.

Source(s): http://wiki.step-project.com/STEP:Guide#2.D._Fixes

I can comment on a couple of them but am not overly familiar with the others.

• The Brawl Bugs Patch was determined to unsuitable for the USKP by its author who is also a member of the Unofficial Patch Project team.
  • The Double Cursor Fix requires SKSE which is not something that we feel comfortable with requiring for USLEEP - so any plugins that require it will have to remain as separate plugins.

As far as the rest go - I'm almost completely positive that they wouldn't be something we'd ever consider adding to USLEEP either. They're either something that is not technically a bug in the game or something that cannot be addressed without the use of SKSE or due to game engine related factors.

Edited by blackpete8427

For USKP->USLEEP it ought to be pretty straightforward.

For the DLC patches to convert over, not so much, since those files are obviously not going to transition over well.

Really, I think it would be simpler to just do whatever you're doing with a fresh update using USLEEP as the master so that there's no chance for screwups.

Understood. Thank you.