Strange "script related?" issue.

bahamutskingdom

Just before I lost my good computer, I had experienced this issue in my Western Isles mod.

While waiting for the new one to arrive, I thought I would do a similar mod, on its own. You take care of evil in a fort, rebuild it, create a dock, and open a glass mine. And all of this portion of the quest works marvelously.

I have a time pass script for the rebuilding of the fort, a new dock, and a glass mine.

There is a second leg to the main quest as well. Upon your return, you will meet Drago gro-Lag. He tells you of all of the wonderful potential for the area, and offers to oversee the growth of a town.

A couple of days ago, I decided to write in one of the scripts for this portion, that "builds a better bridge" to the fort.

And here is where I have some form of issue.

When the first time pass script and building begins, it brings up also the bridges time pass script made for the second leg of the questing. It is not told to activate, since no one has it set to yet. The two are not tied together in ANY fashion otherwise, but yet they begin at the same time. When the bridge script runs through, it provides 3 "Journal Updated" boxes, that do not dissapear until you leave the town. (Only one update in the journal though) The remainder of the main quest runs through regardless, but this script should not be activating for any reason.
Why is my bridge time pass script beginning before it is supposed to? And there could not be anything wrong with it, considering the same script type was used for the main portions time passes, and they worked perfectly before adding this one.

Edit: I put into the bridge script, a stop until the journal updates to 100, thinking it would allow it to go passed the other 3 main scripts. And that it did. But immediately after it hit 100.....did it again, wiht the same results.
All I can come up wiht, is that a different person is setting these scripts out.

Edited by bahamutskingdom

I think you'd stand a better chance of help posting over at the Bethsoft Construction Set (Morrowind) forum.

Here on Nexus it's mainly mod users, over on Bethsoft mainly mod developers.

I'd include your script(s).

Thank you for pointing in the right direction :D I have been working this week on a 15 year old computer, and everything has been running slower than snot. (It was a grim reminder of how bad playing Morrowind on the Xbox was lol.)

I will head over there real fast. :D