It's holiday/DDoS season

Dark0ne

In response to post #27188304. #27188919, #27191199, #27192944 are all replies on the same post.

Thaiauxn wrote:

If you have that kind of tech power and use it to suppress bad people, you're a hero. If you do it for s#*! - what does that make you? When we find you, what should we do to you?

I think Ddos attacks and the like are a very good example of why it's bad to let your disenfranchised youth go completely without any direction or available social services. You have to have a moderate income to sustain a botnet. Even just a laptop will do, but it takes time and patience. Anybody willing to go through that level of work would be awesome if they had some direction and a job that needs solving. Find them. Put them to work. Inspire them. Give them a reason to wake up in the morning.

Skyrabbit wrote: Good point, well made.
fallout31961 wrote: Now your talking ! This Damn common-core education system is so into dumbing down the kids, that they actually come up to me now and ask me why are they teaching us so poorly.

This generation of kids really needs what you just stated beyond anything that most realize !
SeedReaper wrote: this is why we need an upvote button for comments on this site.

fallout31961, your post is hilariously ironic. You should re-evauate your own intelligence before talking politics or condemning an entire generation. Edited by Cactuar512

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are kiddies that smart these days to knowingly DDoS a site? Or is it just that as its holidays they're downloading GB's worth of Pron and they end up with something they weren't expecting on their computer, something that adds their PC to a global botnet that is really behind this crap. :ermm:

Probably strart getting tech support questions soon "why is my PC internets so sloooooow!"

Why thats because your machine groaning under the weight of ProN and botnets is busy DDoS'ing countless sites just now. :pinch:

We start carrying semi-automatics, they buy automatics. We start wearing kevlar, they buy armour piercing rounds. And you're wearing a mask...

AAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW DAAAAAAAAAMN! A Dark Knight trilogy is so on the cards now, that's Friday night planned! :D (...it's not weird this is all I got from this thread right...?)

In response to post #27187839. #27188199, #27190479, #27190754, #27190799 are all replies on the same post.

FurAfterDark wrote: Who would DDoS a modding community? isn't that kinda an oxymoron move? o.o
Madcat221 wrote: Petulant little twerps do it. Particularly ones who wanted to turn this place into their own personal playground but were denied.

If you run across anyone elsewhere on the 'Net that claims they were banned from the Nexus network "for no reason", ask their handle and search that forum to see the "no reason".
FurAfterDark wrote: Well i mean technically taking down the entire site would effect the modders and people just want to download mods more than anyone else so that kinda seems selfish to do that
Setekh79 wrote: Dumb kids with nothing else to do with their lives, that's who.
FurAfterDark wrote: Well if it's DDoSing, aren't those kids technically smart? ;3

@FurAfterDark
No, they just download a dDoS program that uses other already-hacked computers to dDoS

In response to post #27181429.

Kalell wrote:

I know how to keep my PC clean, but how do I check my router? I have a security code for it so people can't use my network without permission, but is that not enough?

I'm pretty sure I don't have any bots using my network though. My connection is really slow and if anything at all was using bandwidth I would know (especially with videos).

Edit: I did some research and it turns out the firmware in a router can be infected by viruses but it's pretty rare. Usually the viruses are targeted towards specific brands with vulnerabilities. Most routers, as long as they have a good password, updated firmware, and the correct settings, should be safe.

If they get access to your computer, they can basically use your internet connection in any way they want to.

In response to post #27181429. #27194854 is also a reply to the same post.

Kalell wrote:

I know how to keep my PC clean, but how do I check my router? I have a security code for it so people can't use my network without permission, but is that not enough?

I'm pretty sure I don't have any bots using my network though. My connection is really slow and if anything at all was using bandwidth I would know (especially with videos).

Edit: I did some research and it turns out the firmware in a router can be infected by viruses but it's pretty rare. Usually the viruses are targeted towards specific brands with vulnerabilities. Most routers, as long as they have a good password, updated firmware, and the correct settings, should be safe.

krisser143 wrote: If they get access to your computer, they can basically use your internet connection in any way they want to.

lol, Yeah, I already know how to take care of my PC. I just didn't know anything about router vulnerabilities.

In response to post #27180079. #27189059 is also a reply to the same post.

MotoSxorpio wrote:

Thanks for the heads-up. Maybe school should be full-time, keep the kiddies off the keyboard.

superguy7556 wrote: I think that's a little too overboard. Yeah, some kids are f*****s but I've met plenty who can be a lot more adult than men. I think everyone's too quick to tar everybody with the same brush. Just because some kids like to mess people's fun up doesn't mean every single child with a computer wants to DDOS a modding site. Just food for thought.

I second that. I'm still in school, but I've actually stopped a DDoS on my district's server. It was a group of students that thought they knew what they were doing.

In response to post #27180079. #27189059, #27195884 are all replies on the same post.

MotoSxorpio wrote:

Thanks for the heads-up. Maybe school should be full-time, keep the kiddies off the keyboard.

superguy7556 wrote: I think that's a little too overboard. Yeah, some kids are f*****s but I've met plenty who can be a lot more adult than men. I think everyone's too quick to tar everybody with the same brush. Just because some kids like to mess people's fun up doesn't mean every single child with a computer wants to DDOS a modding site. Just food for thought.
Skullkrunch3r11 wrote: I second that. I'm still in school, but I've actually stopped a DDoS on my district's server. It was a group of students that thought they knew what they were doing.

+superguy7556 I agree with you about their maturity, but he was joking around.