A big "Hello" to the Community

TheTokenGeek

In response to post #27309184.

callusdnb wrote: Welcome!

It would be cool to have a list of all my downloaded mods in my account section, then nexus could suggest similar mods in a notification when they get posted.

HI there, the ideas have been noted and will go into the list of feedback we are receiving. Now I just need to read through everything. :)

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #27304234.

KensaiTonada wrote: Welcome, Paul! One thing I always thought was needed-- when you click on mod categories, I think that armor should be split into two categories-- light and heavy; and that weapons should be three-- ranged, one-handed and two-handed.. or maybe 4-- daggers. It's a pain going thru 2500 mods when you're an assassin looking for good leather and daggers and you have to scroll thru 500 6-foot long swords.

Thanks for the welcome, I'm going through all the responses at the moment, but have added this in as well. Will try and tally results up and see what they say!

In response to post #27290819.

Divah_nordique wrote: Hi I'm really satisfy by this website I use it for many years and it keeps getting better.
I have just two comments :
- some mods arent categorized
- about "the most downloaded" perhaps it is better to classify by year so new talented modders will have a better visibility
Thank you Nexus, modders, those who post comments pictures and videos, for all.
http://www.emoticonland.net/smileys/bisous/11_7_104v.gif

Glad to hear that you like it, we're going to be aiming to streamline everything about the site so your feedback is more than welcome. Thank you for the welcome.

In response to post #27289959.

AsuRigadudu wrote: Good to see that the site will be getting some well needed care and redesign :D

Anyways, i tried to take the survey, but it didnt go through so i decided to write the idea i have down here:
Considering there are many creative minds on this site that have no skills within mod creation, perhaps a form of "idea pool" or something like that. Basically, someone starts out with an mod concept and puts it up as a basic concept that everyone is allowed to expand upon like a mind-map. The ideas are then put into sub-categories, for example quest mod will be broken down into sub-categories of "Characters", "plot", "quest rewards", etc.

It will give potential mod creators a clear picture of what people want and what the dont want in a mod. And if a mod creator really want to create a mod based on the idea, they can use it as a list of things that will exist in the final product.

Thus, new mods will potentially have higher quality and/or greater creativity.

Thanks for saying Hi, sorry that you didn't get to complete the survey. But glad that you have taken the time to comment your thoughts here, I've copied them into the document I'm going through at the moment.

I'm going to put a news post up soon around the whole creative pool idea soon, think it's a very good idea.

In response to post #27284149.

LethalThreat wrote: Indeed, the major problem with the site design is the fact that the site is so narrow and has all the free space on the sides. I think it's a safe guess that most of us have widescreen monitors and not the good ol' boxes we used to have haha :D But yeah, that just needs to be fixed up because it's so.. Ugh. Ugly and a pain. Other than that.. Not much to complain about on my part, just could use up some cosmetic changes here and there. Oh and perhaps something mobile friendly, the drop downs at the top are a huge pain on mobile. Especially for mod authors such as I who have to reply to comments, check up on mods/pictures or just want to look at some pictures while on the run. Maybe even look into fixing the avatar when it changes, try to fix that up so it doesn't take a few weeks to finally change after going back and forth between the new image and old, and even older ones lol. Which brings in another point of fixing up how screenshots and images work. The whole click on an image, wait a few minutes and have it pop out like it does is a bit annoying - maybe look into alternatives? And even screenshots it would be nice to see them bigger without having to right click and open in a new tab (such a hassle! Gawd!)

All this I mentioned in the survey with more information, but figured I'd post it here as well.

Good luck :)

Hi there,

Thank you for the feedback, a lot of the surveys are mentioning that the site is now quite narrow for a more modern day monitor. I believe it's 900 pixels and we would like to not only expand this a little, but make it more responsive.

I'm slowly but surely working my way through the surveys. :)

In response to post #27272084.

Obscerno wrote: Survey completed. Congrats on the position!

The main thing I really care about: margins. So many websites are ditching margins and its making me sad. My screen is wide and my eyes get tired scanning. It's such a small thing but it drives me crazy.

Thank you for completing the survey, I'm enjoying the position hugely - exceptionally rewarding when I have a community like this behind me!

I've put your feedback into the list of things to go through, will be keeping everyone informed.

In response to post #27283899.

aok wrote: Greetings! Your efforts are greatly appreciated!
As a screenarcher showcasing mods and writing story's I hope one of the upcoming projects will allow larger images to be displayed. Especially for series of images that are hosted off site creating a story board effect. An example of one of my favorite authors HERE.
Cheers and best wishes!

Thank you, I think it's going to be really worth it in the end. Will add this to my list to go through with Robin :)

In response to post #27251069. #27271499, #27275689, #27277174, #27283804 are all replies on the same post.

digitaltrucker wrote: As long as we don't wind up with a UI optimized for tablets and smartphones I won't be TOO unhappy. While that style definitely has it's place the mods here are aimed at a PC and I would imagine that most of the browsers coming here are on a PC of some sort.
DaddyDirection wrote: Although it wouldn't hurt to have more support for those viewing the site on mobile devices. I've browsed the Nexus a couple of times whilst on my phone, because I was away from my computer, and the experience has never been positive. The forums also look bad on mobile in my opinion. Perhaps a Nexus app would be the solution. Would certainly be a interesting way of keeping up to date on the Nexus and mods we all like.
rickman wrote: An app would be an awesome addition to this site's ui, but the main site should really stay "PC centric." i doubt there's a gigantic margin for modding on a smartphone. If i could get my skyrim, skse, wrye bash, fnis and boss on my phone, then the 243 mods, that phone just dropped out of the Pack-a-Punch machine. if that's the case, Richtofen and i have bigger problems. Like running. Just sayin'.
rickman wrote: I wanted to add a bit of a side note, or an addendum to my previous statements. After reading ten whole pages of comments, i feel that you, Paul, might be just what the community needs. Robin has made some fine choices in the past, and on the other hand the Nexus has seen some choice mistakes as well. The hiring of our new man Paul here should fit into the former (that's the one i said first, right? I'm trying to refer to the earlier one) if I'm not mistaken myself. Please prove that I am not (and of course that robin isn't either, as would be the more prominent part of the choice in question).
CommunistTiger wrote: A friend of mine in India is working on trying to convert Oblivion to an Android application using the Unreal engine, but he hasn't made much progress. He's using the same processor that's in the Droid Turbo, I think. I have not heard from him in recent weeks as I assume he's been busy. Somebody that he knows modified Half Life to be used on the NVIDIA Shield.

Hey DigitalTrucker,

Not only is it important to get the site responsive or have a separate mobile / tablet optimised version for aesthetic and user interface reasons, but Google Panda was recently rolled out and that prioritises sites that have a mobile friendly version, so it is definitely something we need to address... :)

In response to post #27283739.

CommunistTiger wrote: I honestly think that although the user-name 'Paul' is probably taken it was probably banned some time ago, in which this case the user-name could easily have been recycled. "BlindJudge" seems a bit...I don't know. Off....for a moderator. Something like "Paul the Impaler" would have sufficed, or even "Paul the Great" or "King Paul VIII"...BlindJudge seems like an unusual choice for a moderator's user-name. I had to manually add that into Dragon Naturally just for this post.

It's nothing to do with judging people and I have put the reason behind it in my post, it's simply a wakeboard trick that I not only like the look of, but also the name. I'm not actually a moderator, but work full time on the behind the scenes running. So the only time you will really see it is when I'm updating the community on what's happening!
Dark0ne doesn't actually sound like it's all roses and unicorns though either :D