How to change bow size ?

marley8991

So I've looked everywhere and I haven't found any way to do so. Can someone please explain how I can change the bow sizes ? I've been trying to make the nightingale bow smaller with no sucess. And Racemenu doesn't work, the bow goes back to it's original size as soon as it goes in my hand. It only goes to the size I changed it to on my back (is that a glitch ? or is that supposed to happen ?)

PS: I have Nifskope, but haven't figured out how to change the nightingale bow size and put it in the game.

Edited by marley8991

I'm not sure if this works as I'm away from my desktop atm (and I use ECE), but you could try installing a skeleton mod like XPMS then try it again with RaceMenu. I have some inkling that there's a connection there.

I'm not sure if this works as I'm away from my desktop atm (and I use ECE), but you could try installing a skeleton mod like XPMS then try it again with RaceMenu. I have some inkling that there's a connection there.

I already have both the XPMS skeleton and Racemenu. And I did when I posted the topic. Thanks for the reply though :)

I think you might need a 3d modeling program in order to do that... NifSkope might work but I do believe in order to edit the skeleton found in a bow nif. you'll need 3d modeling software. Could be wrong.

Edit: So I was wrong. Just scale down the bone nodes in NifSkope.

PS: I have Nifskope, but haven't figured out how to change the nightingale bow size and put it in the game.

Yes, NifSkope is the way to go. You have to get the mesh for the nightingale bow. Therefor you have to extract the whole "Skyrim - Meshes.bsa" archive you can find in the Skyrim data folder.

The nightingale bow is in ...meshes\weapons\nightingale.

When you open the mesh with Nifskope will you see this:

http://fs2.directupload.net/images/150801/vccrzfrt.jpg

Change the values under the highlighted "scale" line as you wish.

Yes, NifSkope is the way to go. You have to get the mesh for the nightingale bow. Therefor you have to extract the whole "Skyrim - Meshes.bsa" archive you can find in the Skyrim data folder.

The nightingale bow is in ...meshes\weapons\nightingale.

When you open the mesh with Nifskope will you see this:

http://fs2.directupload.net/images/150801/vccrzfrt.jpg

Change the values under the highlighted "scale" line as you wish.

Thanks a lot :D