Skyrim crashes soon after loading with ENB/Windows 8.1

jessicatammy

I just installed the ENB from Boris' website (Injector version) and the RealVision ENB preset from the Nexus. The game loads my save, but then proceeds to crash about thirty seconds or so into play time. My OS is Windows 8.1, my laptop is a Razer Blade 2014 with a dual GPU - Integrated Intel HD 4000 (which is the graphics card my ENB identifies, however, the game itself has been shown to be using the dedicated card) and an NVIDIA GTX 870M card. I do have lots of mods installed, but never had an issue until installing the ENB besides random CTDs (which is why I installed the ENB in the first place, I heard it stabilizes memory usage). I know my laptop uses optimus technology to run games, so I used the Nexus d3d9 file fix for optimus technology, and installed the ENB injector version after trying the wrapper version. Skyrim still crashes, without fail, about thirty seconds into the game. Could it be a mod issue, or a Windows 8.1 issue? I even tried running Skyrim in Windows XP compatibility mode in attempt to force it to use DirectX 9 usage, as I can't install old Direct X versions directly in Windows 8.1, to no avail. Also, I followed the directions on RealVision's mod page as to what graphics settings to turn off - both in the launcher and on my graphics card settings themselves. In addition, I edited the enblocal.ini to expand some memory settings and no dice. Nothing works. Also to note I check my load order obsessively with LOOT and clean regularly with TES5edit.

I really want to use the ENB to see if it prevents the random CTD during gameplay I am experiencing without it. I guess I could uninstall the ENB but I'm already frustrated enough with the random CTD I was trying to fix in the first place and during the 30 seconds I am able to run around with the ENB installed it looks awful pretty :smile: Can someone please help.

Edited by jessicatammy