The Darkest Millennium mod idea

xxanonymousx2xx

On the Imperium hive world of Hlenir humanity's greatest nightmare has taken root and sprung, the likes of which no mortal can possibly withstand. Chaos has spread across every hablock, intersection and soul across it's now corrupted surface. The ground beneath our feet writhes and shakes with life anew, and the shadows dance and play across our peripherals, causing a similar effect in the spent minds of guardsmen and cultist alike. For 3 years blood has been shed across Hlenir's surface, only empowering the foe you face. The tipping point was 6 months ago in an event of such human minds were never meant to witness, let alone understand, the majority of remaining loyalist forces were either killed or transformed. Now what remains is scattered, every night you fail to sleep through the horrifying wailing and screaming of man and demon alike. Every day you fight and flee for your very lives, losing friend and sanity alike in a hazy dream of reality you can barely comprehend in your state.

But as drained as you are, there is a more pressing matter to respond to. Several leagues away lies the planet's space-port. A final true bastion against the encroaching darkness, it can only last so long against such a torrent of barbarism, blasphemy and ever more insidious threats seeking to tear it apart from the inside. The Lord Commander there has ordered that your team find Hlenir's main armoury. There inside remains a still sealed vault bearing enough meltabombs to disable the Space-port and delay the spread of taint long enough for the other planets in the system to put up an effective resistance.

It is your duty to the Emperor to find these explosives, using whatever resources you can to deliver them and yourselves to this final destination. Emperor guide you

Know this; Your names will never be remembered, your faces will be lost to ashes and taint by the end of your journey. At every corner you will have to face ever more deadly foes who would delight in the destruction of your body, mind and soul, devouring all that was once you. But success will ensure the ascendancy of your souls to the Emperor and an invaluable resource to the rest of this sector; hope.

Thought for the day:

For every battle honour, a thousand heroes die alone, unsung, and unremembered.

May the Emperor guide you guardsmen. May he guide us all

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll add more details in the morning, but I always thought that Darkest Dungeon and Warhammer 40k were the perfect match, along with a setting that unlike Darkest Dungeon forced your heroes ever onwards, with any resources you may have, or lack thereof.

I love writing, but have no experience of making games, let alone modding one like Darkest Dungeon. I have no experience in graphic design. I just have a lot of ideas.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to help or just find out more!

Edited by xxanonymousx2xx